Motivate and proactively assist the Sales Representatives in conjunction with Managers, in meeting and exceeding their equipment rental, sales revenue and profitability goals, motivating all store employees, assist with operational issues and help maintain and grow a high-performance sales force.
- Responsible for achieving budgeted Topline Revenue and P.A.D.
- Works with Sales and Branch Managers to achieve divisional and annual business goals including: Sets strategies and execute methods to increase market share and existing business relationships, and coordinate branch sales activities within the organization. Influences procurement of the rental fleet.
- Responsible for constantly evaluating our market share in their territory, ensuring we have adequate sales rep coverage to serve our customers and continuously grow share.
- Collaborates with Sales Manager and Branch Managers to develop new markets, understand market trends, competition and other matters affecting profitability and business growth in the company.
- Collaborates with Sales Manager and Branch Managers to establish territories and monthly and yearly revenue and sales goals for Sales Representatives.
- Guide Sales Representatives through more complex sales opportunities, driving to close the deals, ensuring we are maximizing company profitability along with gaining market share.
- Provide coaching and assistance to Sales Representatives by reviewing call logs and call reports, managing CRM and giving feedback on a regular basis. Pass sales leads to appropriate sales representative.
- Partner with Branch Managers to contribute to performance appraisals for Sales Representatives.
- Responsible for working with other Management in interviewing and hiring of new Sales Representative candidates.
- Continuously improves, develops, and expands the sales function. Constantly strives for excellence.
- Works with suppliers to ensure our reps have the appropriate level of product and technical knowledge to achieve high level market share in the territories we serve, maximizing all resources available from the supplier.
- Partner with Branch Managers to maximize teamwork between Counter personnel and outside Sales Representatives.
- Other related duties and projects assigned by management.
Knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through a college degree in business or work experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Rental Service sales and management
- Great overall managerial skills in the areas of communication, organization, judgment, decision making, interpersonal skills (empathy, listening, etc.), analytical ability and fostering teamwork
- Ability to delegate/empower team providing authority and decision-making latitude to sales staff.
- Adept at financial management, familiar with key elements of making a profit, established a track record of profitable performance, understands the use of financial statements, can evaluate risk vs. reward in transactions, strategic decisions and inventory decisions
- Able to teach, train, and develop people in the art and science of selling; a good coach. Able to build and improve sales force and staff
- A team player, cooperative, unselfish, thinks corporately not departmentally. Can work easily and synergistically with other managers.
- Possesses horsepower- the ability to get results, initiate action, motivate people, overcome obstacles, make progress and perform. Makes things happen, exceeds expectations.
- Demonstrates creativity, ingenuity, and inventiveness and can think outside the box.
- Professional in appearance, demeanor, operating style, as manifested in image, thoroughness, completeness, accuracy, polish, appropriateness, integrity, effectiveness.
- Practices a win-win approach satisfying both parties involved in any activity. Aware and concerned of other needs, desires, requirements and strives to provide for them while also achieving his own needs and ends.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not a comprehensive list, and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.