QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST (QA) - Mumbai, India
*this position is located in Mumbai, India-this is not a remote position
Who we are:
Decisions, founded in 2010 and headquartered in Chesapeake, VA, is a fast-growing, private-equity backed technology company that provides the only seamlessly integrated workflow and rules platform for business process automation. Decisions is trusted by some of the most well-known and respected Fortune 500 companies and SMBs around the world. By using Decisions’ no-code BPM platform, customers across industry verticals are empowered with the ability to rapidly automate and transform their business processes, improve operational efficiency, and drive company results, regardless of technical skillset.
As a QA Analyst you will be responsible for managing the testing strategy, processes, and resources for the Decisions platform. This role works closely with ALL departments (Cloud Ops, Customer Success, Documentation, Professional Services, R&D, Solutions, and Support) to identify core issues and prioritize fixes for releases in a tight schedule. The successful candidate will combine technical and effective communication skills to drive quality in the product throughout the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify and implement strategies to test the platform effectively in tight timelines across multiple platform versions.
- Work on a team (onshore and offshore members) that perform both automated and manual tests.
- Communicate with leadership, developers, testers and other departments regarding platform issues.
- Document testing results and create reports for leadership used in tracking release readiness.
- Understands the technical intricacies of enterprise integrations and communicates plans and solutions for testing these scenarios effectively.
- Provides examples and training for testing resources on platform features.
- Anticipates problems and provides recommendations for solutions.
- Communicate between departments when platform changes require new and updated documentation.
- Question the status quo and exude initiative.
- Watch, learn, speak up, and do what is needed to advance our mission and who we are as an organization.
What You’ll Bring:
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with an on and off-shore audience
- Understand databases, enterprise systems, web applications, and software industry best practices in Software QA, as well as the SDLC using Agile and other lean methodologies
- Understand basic concepts about software development like data types, variables, iterating arrays, exception handling, etc. Or at least have a knack for solving software problems.
- Ability to analyze information from disparate sources in order to produce plans
- Be very competent at using a Windows computer (if you don’t know how to find your local IP address, or how to shutdown Windows using a command prompt this probably isn’t the job for you).
- Desire for excellence in user experience and for producing quality software for end users
- Enjoy being a software detective, familiar with testing fundamentals, Windows services, basic networking concepts, API’s, etc
- Experience with any of the following is a plus but not required: .Net, HTML, C#, VB.NET, SQL, JS, IIS, AD, Hyper-V/Virtualbox, Any Software Testing Platforms
- Flexibility to meet changing organizational focus and needs in a fast paced environment
- Compensation will be heavily based on skills and experience
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Seniority Level
- Computer Software
- Information Technology and Services
- Employment Type
- Job Functions
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Masks, temperature checks, social distancing
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Selenium: 1 year (Preferred)
- Test Automation: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location