it's what's inside that counts
There’s more to CMC than our steel products and the buildings, structures, and roads they go into. At CMC, it’s the people inside our recycling centers, fabrication plants, steel mills and offices that make us who we are as a company. Our success comes from finding, retaining, and supporting the highest quality talent by offering:
- Competitive compensation
- Advancement opportunities
- Paid time off
- Low-cost medical, dental, vision
- Company-paid life and disability
- Company matching 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
Why This Job
CMC provides an excellent opportunity to learn the steel industry and grow in your career. Whether you will spend your day in an office cubicle, operating a crane or running the melt shop at one of our mills, at CMC, you’ll get the training and support from your team that you need to excel in your role and reach your full potential.
What You'll Do
- Establish and meet business plan targets for Hours, Volume and Margin bookings
- Face time with customers – visiting customers as needed to stay in touch with their needs and bid opportunities
- Collaborate with management team to deliver Gross Margin that exceeds the business plan
- Prepare accurate cost estimates, resulting in projects that operate on the budget established in the estimate
What You'll Need
- Minimum 2 years of experience in sales (preferably steel) to General Contractors and/or Owners
- Proficient at gathering market data along with negotiating, closing, and follow-up of sales orders while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Proficient level of computer skills; MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet
- Strong interpersonal skills - articulate communicator, adept in both electronic and verbal communications, professional appearance and demeanor
- Decision-making abilities with excellent customer service and both verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic acumen – the ability to think and act strategically to sell work
- Capacity to set performance goals and manage personally and interpersonally to achieve them
- Familiarity with construction contracts and the related negotiations
- Bachelor's degree preferred
We are Commercial Metals Company, a Fortune 500 company with a family feel that’s already part of your life. Our steel products have been supporting structures in more than 20 countries for over 100 years. And the secret to our success? We’ve built our legacy by assembling a team of innovators and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing our world over last 100 years — but we’re just getting started.
If you’re ready to reimagine ways to make the steel industry more sustainable, reinforce the bridges and roadways that connect our communities, and raise the bar for what it means to do meaningful work day in and day out. In short, you’re ready to be part of CMC. Join us and start moving your career — and our world — forward.
CMC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, or other status protected by federal, state or local law.