Primary responsibility is to warmly welcome and seat our guests and to deliver hands on service throughout the entire guest experience. Constant guest interaction is the host and hostesss specialty.
Duties / Responsibilities/ Job requirements:
- Warmly greets and seats our guests. Creates regulars by interacting with guests throughout their dining experience.
- Takes guest information and provides accurate wait quote to guests when tables are not immediately available.
- Interacts with waiting guests, including children, to ensure that their wait is pleasant. Provides alternatives to guest waiting areas, such as outside on a bench or a seat at the bar.
- Runs the electronic seating system to ensure server rotation is maintained.
- Presents menus to guests, informs them of specials, and introduces the server by name. Informs the servers when they are sat.
- Communicates with managers to inform them of business fluctuations.
- Observes tables and keeps track of clean, dirty and occupied tables. Pre- bus and bus tables as needed. Inform bussers of dirty tables.
- Takes drink or appetizer orders as needed.
- Maintains filled water and tea pitchers, regularly tours the restaurant to interact with our guests and to provide refills to seated guests.
- Interacts regularly with seated guests to attend to any needs that the server may have missed or the guest needs.
- Cleans, organizes and stocks menus at the host stand.
- Maintains an adequate supply of Kids menus and crayons for waiting and seated guests.
- Answers the phone and any questions concerning the menu and restaurant.
- Takes and fill to go orders if applicable.
- Directs to go guests to the appropriate section of the restaurant.
- Maintains clean restrooms throughout shift, checking them every fifteen minutes. Sweeping the front area frequently.
- Creates a friendly and inviting welcome to all job applicants. Maintains a good supply of applications and other hiring paperwork at the host area.
- Ensures that management is aware of all waiting applicants and other appointments.
- Upon their departure, holds the door for our guests and warmly thanks them for their patronage.
Manager of duty, General Manager, Divisional Manager
The Host / Hostess positions will be compensated as a FOH position and reflect on the labor report for the FOH. This position will be included in a tip share. The amount of tip share received will be based on several factors, to include total hours worked and how many others are included in the tip share. Pay rates for the host / hostess position should be discussed by the General Manager before acceptance of this job description.
The host/ hostess position might include the ability to stand for periods of time up to 10-12 hours in a shift and have the ability to be able to stoop, bend, reach, carry, push and lift up to 15 pounds. Verbally communicates with guests and phone callers. Must be able to perform all job duties on wood, tile, concrete and/or sand surfaces.
A Florida Food Safety Certification is required within 30 days of being hired.
This job description is a summary of duties and is not designed to contain an exclusive listing of duties or responsibilities that are required. The host / hostess job description and duties may change at any time with or without notice. By signing below, you should understand that a job description is not a contract; is neither complete nor permanent; it can be modified at any time. Also, at the request of management, any employee may be asked and expected to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects with or without notice. Employee's signature below constitutes the employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions, and duties of the host / hostess position.
Brand: Texas Tony's
Address: 738 SW Pine Island Rd Cape Coral, FL - 33991
Property Description: Texas Tony's Cape Coral
Property Number: 23