- This role is fully remote and can be done anywhere in the United States of America, or Canada.
Digital Transformation Product Manager
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace. Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
We’re defining and delivering a world class customer experience for our SaaS/Subscription, Hybrid and perpetual offers. Please come and join the Digital Transformation product management team. In this role, you will be visible to executives, results-driven, and customer-focused, transforming our Digital Growth Platform for the for entire product and service portfolio. You will lead change for key customer, partner & colleague experience capabilities including marketing, sales planning & productivity, Multi-tier RTM & Partner Manager, Deal management & CPQ, offer, billing & payment, customer success & support, professional services, knowledge & enablement and subscription lifecycle management.
Who are you:
- First and foremost, a product manager leader with sharp product and design sense; possess the ability to identify high value user and customer needs and differentiation opportunities and a track record of delivering products that users and customers love. Experience leading products from early-stage concepts to scale. A technical background is desirable as you will work with some of the brightest architects and engineers; adopt the opportunities to harness this expertise to deliver differentiated products. You are comfortable delivering executive level presentations to internal and external audiences; have handled customer engagements to support pre - and post -sales activities.
- You are a senior technical product leader with a pragmatic, strategic approach to problem-solving, strong product intuition, and a head for business. You are highly data driven. You are hands-on. You are rigorous. You are non-political, with the ability to influence leaders across different business and functional teams. You are able to make a group of experts work well together, take all the inputs and facilitate efficient decision-making.
- You are consumer focused and have demonstrated examples of successfully delivering compelling user features for consumer products. You are execution focused and adept in managing conflicting priorities. You have proven your ability to establish credibility at the executive level and experience gaining consensus and approval for product planning efforts across multiple functional leaders.
What you will do:
- Work with your product team to define and drive product strategy, identifying key outcomes and success metrics
- Drive VMware’s multi-year strategy for your respective domain, spearheading key initiatives and driving cross-functional alignment and progress
- Collaborate with the team to discover customer problems and create valuable, desirable and feasible solutions
- Work with developers and CX/PX to define and prioritize a backlog for your product that continuously delivers measurable value towards the vision
- Deeply understand, document, analyze, and synthesize user needs into product priorities, roadmap plans, and detailed specifications
- Engage with multiple business stakeholders to ensure clear and concise documentation of planned features as epics and user stories
- Collaborate with engineering, business development and data analytics teams to ship new, impactful platform capabilities that accelerate our time to value
- Drive collaboration with your team by facilitating workshops and activities, aligning team members on project outcomes, bringing clarity where there is ambiguity, and keeping everyone aligned throughout delivery
- Grow and support a talented team of Product Managers and Product line Managers who take pride in building high-quality high-impact products, embody VMware’s EPIC2 values, and have fun together
- Identify critical assumptions, define experiments, measure success metrics, and use data to inform decisions
- Utilize data analytics, research, product reviews, user feedback and product testing to ensure consistency and quality across all end user features
- Understand the customer journey for enterprise software and incorporate industry standards and best practice into your product
- Collaborate with product line managers on cross-domain initiatives; track and mitigate product risks
- Build strong relationships with business partners (Business Franchises, Business Operations, Business functions etc.) and development partners (UX design, engineering, data etc.)
- Influence and drive continuous improvement of product/solution development lifecycle process, practices and initiatives.
If this sounds like you, you likely have:
- Work experience in product management and/or product design
- Work experience in a company that offers a SaaS/Subscription solution
- Experience leading a team of PMs (leads and individual contributors), including mentorship, support, and performance management
- An ability to define long-term business strategies while driving impact on short-term product goals
- Prior experience developing an understanding of customer needs with a track record of solving their problems
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers
- Domain experience in two or more areas listed – marketing, sales planning & productivity, Multi-tier RTM & Partner Manager, Deal management & CPQ, offer, billing & payment, customer success & support, professional services, knowledge & enablement, Public clouds (such as AWS and Azure) and subscription lifecycle management
- Track record of delivering Consumer / B2C/ SaaS products, and growing to market leadership
- Technical background in enterprise platforms, datacenter, and/or applications software space preferred
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
“This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.”
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-10
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.