Are you looking at working with an award-winning team of AV industry veterans that have designed and integrated thousands of innovative, custom audio visual and communication solutions? Avidex's strength lies in our ability to listen and understand the unique needs of each client. Our team of professionals consists of strong, creative problem-solvers. All of our custom solutions incorporate a broad range of technologies that empower our clients to effectively communicate their message both internally and externally.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Design Engineer to join our Avidex team in Fremont, CA.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Avidex. With a nationwide footprint and as a division of Telerent Leasing Corporation (TLC), we are creating unparalleled customer experiences by the use of collaborative communication solutions. TLC serves the national healthcare market through TeleHealth Services and the professional audio visual market through Avidex and Digital Networks Group. Avidex is the 7th largest integrator of audiovisual solutions in the country, while TeleHealth Services is the leading provider of interactive patient education and engagement solutions nationwide. TLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of ITOCHU International, Inc., a U.S. company based in New York City. ITOCHU is a Fortune Global 500 corporation with US headquarters in New York, New York.
Come join our team made up of some of the most highly trained AV designers, engineers, technicians and customer support professionals in the industry!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Provide our Account Executive and the client with fresh thinking about new technology and applications.
- Understand your role in the design and construction process of a Net-Centric audiovisual-equipped facility and bring your professionalism to bear on the process.
- Promote a balanced commitment to customer satisfaction, project team satisfaction and performing work within project constraints (scope, budget, schedule). Strive for excellence in all aspects of work at Avidex.
- During the project phase work with the Avidex Account Executive to define the project plan including scope, costs and milestone schedule. Work with the project estimation team to develop facilities and functional requirements, identify deliverables, estimate resources required, estimate time and cost of activities, qualify risk, develop a milestone schedule, develop a budget and assist Account Executive in gaining formal approval of the project.
- During the job provide engineering support and expertise to the integration staff utilizing a combined skill set of engineering, CAD, equipment configuration, programming, troubleshooting, commissioning, documentation, etc. In some cases, Project Supervisors, Project Engineers, Field Engineers will be assigned to larger jobs to handle some of these duties.
- Develop drawings for Net-Centric AV/IT facilities and systems including facility plans, reflected ceiling plans, AV/IT electrical plans, riser diagrams, elevations, details, functional diagrams, equipment schedules, etc. to clearly indicate construction requirements and details.
- Provide design team with HVAC requirements, lighting requirements, acoustic requirements, etc as needed.
- On bid projects, conduct bid reviews, take-offs and submittal preparation. On projects requiring specific test procedures and submittals, assure required testing and checkout procedures, and assemble of test results are prepared per the specifications.
- Senior Design Engineer requires ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and jobs.
- Assist with project closeout and take appropriate steps and measures to assure Final Acceptance and job closing.
- Act as Project Lead on jobs assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in AV/IT industry
- 12+ years' previous experience providing design, and engineering support in AV/IT industry
- Must have a CTS; CTS-D preferred
- RCDD, or Cisco CCENT or greater plus
- Must have experience producing drawings and requirement documentation for inclusion into architectural design packages
- Must have excellent computer skills including proficiency using Windows and Apple software
- Must a minimum of 2 years' experience with AutoCAD.
- Must have advanced proficiency testing and commissioning AV and IT for AV systems.
Benefits: Full Medical Benefits, Premium Only Plan, Flexible Spending, PTO, 401(k) with employer match
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status
Avidex is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.