We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Business Development Manager based in the Halifax office. This position is a direct liaison between our clients and professional staff to promote and support Rimkus engineering, technical consulting, and expert witness services.
Responsibilities and expectations of this role include: introducing and explaining professional capabilities, assessing and promptly addressing client service needs and services sought; creating, developing and advancing value driven relationships; building trust; communicating comprehensively, concisely and effectively in person, in writing and over the phone to efficiently expand and build the business and client base.
The position requires: prior face to face business development experience; the ability to work independently and effectively under minimal supervision and the application of initiative and sound judgment in the performance of assigned tasks. The successful candidate will be managing our entire business development cycle from qualification of prospects, to meetings initiation and introduction of professional capabilities through receipt of consulting assignments and ongoing account management.
In return for your talent and effort, Rimkus offers a dynamic organization with a competitive salary and benefits package, flexible work schedule and opportunities for advancement.
- Development and execution of competitive sales and marketing strategies designed to secure significant market penetration and maximum client satisfaction.
- Introduction of the company’s services to prospective clients (e.g., insurance carriers, law firms, corporate and commercial clients and municipalities/government agencies, building owners, developers etc.) to establish new accounts and secure repeat business.
- Expansion of client relationships through regular contact and promotion of value-added services to maintain and develop additional business.
- Generation of a significant number of in-person new client contacts weekly, to penetrate the market and increase market share.
- Utilization of client relationship management system (CRM) database to manage and report on business development and account management activity.
- Receipt of incoming assignments from clients, assisting in identification of qualified consultant(s) for oversight and execution of each assignment.
- Maintenance of positive relationships among company operations personnel, serving as liaison between them and our clients.
- Handling and effectively resolving client concerns and issues.
- Securing, coordinating and managing consultant presentation opportunities or continuing education seminars for our clients.
- Participating in key marketing strategies, industry events, trade shows, and conferences.
- Attending client related professional and social functions, conventions and events as needed to promote the company and our services; requires occasional after business hours work.
- Daily travel predominantly in and about the greater Montreal metropolitan area.
- Halifax area resident, required.
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree; B.S. in course of study preferred, will consider significant experience in lieu of degree, M.B.A. a plus.
- Track record of responsibility and success; minimum 5 years professional level experience in business development, one-on-one and group meetings, client relationship management, sales and / or account management.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), follow up, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience / background / familiarity within the Insurance claims industry a plus.