POSITION TITLE: Event Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Event Sales & Operations
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Exempt
PERCENTAGE OF FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT: Full Time
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stand for long periods of time, Ability to lift 50 pounds.
The Event Sales Manager is responsible for driving revenue for the event venue through event bookings. This individual develops the sales strategy and manages the implementation of the plan in order to achieve the revenue goals set forth by Clearwater Marine Aquarium. Working closely with the Event Operations Team, and Catering team, the Event Sales Manager will report to the Director of Event Sales & Operations. The Event Sales Manager will work diligently on meeting sales goals through the delivery of high quality event experiences for our consumers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Responsible for overall sales goals for the private events program at Clearwater Marine Aquarium
· Manages the booking calendar for all event space
· Works collaboratively with the Marketing department to integrate their respective initiatives into the event programming calendar and promote upcoming events
· Actively markets venue for client event bookings, creates and executes event sales strategy to support the sales efforts including advertising, web updates, email campaigns, memberships, conferences, and industry outreach plans
· Develop proposals and contracts
· Administer, negotiate and close event contracts with client
· Maintain current forecasting and sales reports
· Conducts site visits with clients to close business deals
· Leads the development of creative campaigns to drive client awareness and interest to the venue
· Proposes and implements new methods of sales for current rental spaces in order to garner new clients, increase repeat business and generate new revenue streams
· Reevaluates space rental rates and other fees regularly to asses and ensure proper market rates
· Develop, implement and constantly modify sales action plans.
· Create analytics and track data to demonstrate growth in business and assess trends in events.
· Works to secure repeat business
· Provide accurate group revenue and expense forecasts according to established guidelines.
· Utilizes INFOR CRM and other internal systems in order to manage the event platform
· Prospect for new contract business using a wide variety of methods including phone calls, outside sales calls, attending community functions, and tradeshows
· Create and update client event folders as needed for a flawless turnover to the Event Operations team
· Communicating product knowledge and industry knowledge to develop business, promoting growth and ensuring successful achievement of sales goals and profits
· Responsible for events outside the regular business days. May require considerable hours over 40 per week. Evening and weekend hours may be required. Attendance is expected at events to support the overall team and solidify client relationships
· Other duties as assigned by Director of Event Sales & Operations
- Bachelor degree or 10+ years of event sales experience
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
- Refined verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in meeting sales goals in excess of $2M plus
- Working knowledge and demonstrated success in the fundamental principles of event sales
- Must have a solid client base as well as strong connections within the local community
- Deep understanding of the venue/rental business, including key players
- Ability to work well under pressure and to adapt to changing priorities
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter, manage multiple projects simultaneously, set and manage priorities, and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal skills, and proven sales ability while maintaining a positive, persuasive, client-focused and professional manner is essential
- Must demonstrate strong problem solving and solutions-oriented decision making skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as necessary
The Clearwater Marine Aquarium reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- One location
Work Location: One location