The Silk Road Medical Principal Area Manager is entrepreneurial ambassador for a new hybrid procedure to treat carotid artery disease: TCAR (Transcarotid Artery revascularization). As part of the sales team he/she will lead the next revolution in endovascular surgery to select and open the initial TCAR Centers of Excellence, become a trusted clinical partner and TCAR specialist to drive safe adoption, superior outcomes and achieve sales revenue targets of the ENROUTE Transcarotid Neuroprotection System, ENROUTE Transcarotid Stent System and related products. The Silk Road Medical Sales Representative practices good territory management with strong organization, administration and expense planning and control. The Silk Road Medical Representative is a partner and resource to the SRM cross functional teams, including Field Clinical, Professional Medical Education, Marketing, Research and Development.
Entrepreneurial, experience in building a business, and new therapy adoption.
- Deep knowledge of the care and management of carotid artery disease. CEA, CAS, and TCAR.
- Deep knowledge of Healthcare Economics and Reimbursement. Ability to understand/sell a clinical and economic value proposition.
- Experience converting open surgical procedures to endovascular alternatives.
Essential Job Fubctions: *
1. Territory Management and Account Development
Provide quality support to help accounts achieve procedural success and for the safe growth and superior outcomes of Silk Road ENROUTE Transcarotid Neuroprotection System and ENROUTE Transcarotid Stent System.
- Develop and execute strategies and plans to achieve/exceed sales quota for commercial cases. Maintain and expand existing business and develop new business opportunities.
- Probe to understand and confirm customers’ needs, handle objections and gain commitment. Develop and implement strategies to counter competitor messaging.
- Educate customers to ensure that products are understood and used effectively.
- Represent company at industry conferences and maximize potential by targeting specific customers to gain sales leads, and pursue opportunities to promote the company’s product portfolio.
- Knowledge of the Silk Road Medical TCAR product IFUs for safe and effective use.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive clinical and technical product knowledge. Understands current published TCAR and relevant literature. Recognize and understand competitive products, industry trends, and the Silk Road Medical portfolio. Liaison with R&D for technology improvements and next generation needs.
2. Technical and Clinical Support
- Develop a deep understanding of each customer’s CEA practice patterns and develop a conversion strategy specific to each customer.
- Set CEA conversion targets for each account and each customer within the account.
- Provide technical leadership for TCAR procedures. Educate implanting teams on proper indications for TCAR procedures. Provide support on questions regarding device suitability with measuring ability, angiographic and duplex ultrasound, CTA, MRA expertise. Provide comprehensive technical support including knowledge of imaging modalities (duplex ultrasound/catheter angiography/CTA, MRA), EKG, procedural hemodynamics, heart rate, blood pressure, and ancillary procedural solutions.
- Provide technical support to Silk Road Medical employees and implanting teams for ENROUTE Transcarotid Neuroprotection System and ENROUTE Transcarotid Stent System procedures in accordance with Silk Road Medical guidance.
- Knowledge of Clinical trial and registry protocols and Silk Road Medical ENROUTE Transcarotid Neuroprotection System and ENROUTE Transcarotid Stent System TCAR product IFUs for safe and effective use of devices.
3. Customer Service
- Ensure maximum coverage of all accounts within territory geographic areas to maintain optimum level of exposure and effective time management. Assist with scheduling of cases and proper customer support.
- Participate in physician training and case observations when necessary.
- Participates in any other planned customer education meetings and society conventions.
- Respond to customer requests and resolve complaints in a prompt and effective manner to include proper device complaint reporting.
- Maintain high standards of personal presentation and promote a professional personal and company image.
- Assist sites with identifying routine implant days and proper case scheduling.
4. Training, Education and Professional Development
- Develop and maintain comprehensive clinical and technical product knowledge.
- Recognize and understand competitive products, features, strengths in relation to the company’s products.
- Participate in product and skills development programs, managing own self development.
- Resource for R&D for ENROUTE Transcarotid Neuroprotection System and ENROUTE Transcarotid Stent System improvements and next generation needs.
- Assists in training new hires to the Silk Road Medical team.
- Helps drive and maintain quality initiatives and global best practice initiatives.
The successful candidate must possess:
Bachelor’s Degree or other relevant experience
- 10+ year’s sales experience in a hospital environment; selling into minimally invasive cardiovascular market, EVAR/TEVAR, TAVR, peripheral or surgical related products.
- Successful sales record (.90% to case and revenue plan for 2 years or Top 25% in the last 2 years)
Will you joins us?*
Job Type: Full-time