Actual Title: Director, Business Development
Location: Hybrid, work from the Toronto office and remotely
Market: Toronto, ON
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9AM to 5PM and outside hours as required
Discover your potential with Direct Travel!
Our growing company relies on excellence to deliver on our commitments to our customers. This starts with our employees. Our inclusive culture encourages entrepreneurial spirit empowering employees to build strong, long-lasting relationships with our customers and deliver innovative solutions.
Direct Travel is one of the most respected travel management companies providing our customers with smart consultation, tailored solutions and a true partnership. Our specific focus on the mid-market means our travel experts deliver personalized service to every client.
See what it’s like to work at Direct Travel! Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Glassdoor
Direct Travel is back and excited about our recovery! We’re seeing a significant increase in demand to travel and with that, looking for a Business Development professional to support our continued growth. The Director of Business Development is responsible for sales to current clients and prospecting new clients.
- Achieve pre-established revenue quota annually
- Achieve prescribed amount of monthly sales calls/presentations
- Develops and manages a strategy for new account development in specific geographical market; includes networking, introductory letters, phone call contact
- Conduct ongoing analysis of travel requirements on prospective clients
- Responsible for presenting in-depth presentations to secure new business
- Respond to Request for Proposals (RFP) from public and private corporations as required, using collected travel data and financial analysis (using all available tools to assist these efforts)
- Liaise with Account Management and then Operations management group to discuss implementation strategies
- Maintains visible relationship with customer after account sale
- Maintain client specific information electronically in Salesforce CRM
- Qualifications: *
- Degree in business, marketing, or equivalent work & industry experience required
- Must be a demonstrated sales leader with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a business development role, preferably in a travel-based industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong client relationships with all levels within an organization
- Superior analytical ability/Aptitude for analyzing financials
- Ability to assess client’s business needs and advise decision makers on how Direct Travel’s products and services can best meet their travel needs
- Strong initiative, proactive and independent thinker
- Strong presentation skills
- Negotiation expertise
- Excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Good oral and written communication skills
- High aptitude for understanding of and/or experience with technical and financial information
Direct Travel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We appreciate all applications to Direct Travel, however, only those selected for the next step will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time