Automotive Sales Manager
CarLotz is excited to have an opportunity for an Automotive Sales Manager to join our team in our new location in Downers Grove, IL! This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to disrupt the way consumers and businesses buy and sell cars.
Who We Are And Why We Exist
“What if there was a better way to buy and sell vehicles?” This question started the problem-solving sessions that now have CarLotz disrupting the automotive industry. With our innovative consignment model, sellers get
thousands more than trade in and buyers get great cars for less than traditional retail prices.
We’ve removed sales goals and quotas and are instead focused on creating an awesome experience for our people.
- Work-life balance is important, so we’re closed on Sundays and offer generous paid time off, including your birthday.
- Our team is our future, so we’ve developed a training program. In our first class, participants learn to live the CarLotz values to build rapport and earn trust. We have an apprenticeship model, so get ready to learn.
- Retail can sometimes be busy, so we provide our teams with a meal on the busiest days.
- We want our team to focus on taking care of our guests without worrying about their paycheck, so we’ve removed commissions.
What We Offer
- A work environment that is challenging
- The opportunity to make an impact at a company innovating the automotive industry
- Generous vacation time
- Monthly team outings
- Snacks, weekend lunches
- 401K, health insurance
A Typical Day In The Life
- Drive vehicle consignments and sales and support other business lines to meet team goals
- Manage daily performance in sales, consignments, appointments, conversions, follow-ups, reviews, and other key performance indicators
- Lead your teammates with a professional management style that promotes enthusiasm, productivity, accountability, and superior guest-service
- Train and develop teammates surrounding the consignment and sales process
- Collaborate with hub Manager to establish and achieve service-level, sales, consignment and employee satisfaction goals for your retail center
- Identify ways to independently solve problems, present solutions, and make decisions
- Provide and receive feedback and proactively seek professional growth and training opportunities
- Persuade customers of the upside potential CarLotz offers buyers & sellers
- Operate with the highest level of integrity in every situation
- Represent CarLotz core values of customer service, integrity, transparency, and fun
- 3+ years’ experience of automotive, automotive retail or BDC/internet sales experience
- Strong motivation to succeed and desire to win
- Desire and motivation to develop sales, service and leadership skills
- Steady work history with a proven track record of strong selling skills
- Comfort in a collaborative team-work environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Critical thinking, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Easily adaptable and versatile
- Proficient computer, typing, and social media skills
- Degree preferred
- The ability to stand, walk and sit for long periods of time inside and outside.
- The ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Valid driver’s license, background & drug screen required
If you think you have what it takes to succeed at CarLotz, please apply. CarLotz is committed to diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CarLotz participates in E-verify. This position is exempt.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- How would you describe your management style?
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Multiple locations