Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
We are a future-forward, multidisciplinary creative group exploring new frontiers in consumer engagement and storytelling across physical & virtual platforms. From crafting immersive environments in our retail brand destinations to pushing the future of IRL events and shared virtual experiences, we use technology and disruptive concepts to innovate and capture people's imagination in new ways. Pushing experiential storytelling to new levels and new channels to create Nike only experiences.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Brand Experience Design Director for the Nike LA Brand Creative Studio is a visionary focused on bringing our best stories to life through consumer experiences. You are the Brand Exploration Leader driving storytelling and experiential design to new frontiers - virtually, physically and beyond.
You are a multi-hyphenate creative with a strong portfolio of work showcasing a deep understanding of human centered design. You have a track record using emerging technology in innovative ways to create immersive storytelling, consumer engagement and interaction. You are able to work across design subject areas such as Environmental, Graphics, Digital and Virtual with ease.
You are a strong collaborator, able to partner closely with cross-functional creative teams to develop and frame experience concepts. You will translate these cutting edge concepts into designs for use across physical environments and virtual platforms that are visually exciting, intuitive and emotionally engaging.
You are tapped into the pulse of future technology and design trends. You apply this thinking to your work, always looking to expand the possibilities of Immersive Storytelling and Experiences. You are able to ideate creative concepts, illustrate your ideas and be hands on as you help drive projects to completion.
You are responsible for developing end-to-end creative for the LA Brand Creative Studio. Setting the vision for our best consumer experiences across Seasonal and Daily storytelling. Through technology and disruptive concepts, striving to innovate and capture people's imagination in new ways across all dimensions of Experience (Live /Virtual / Retail).
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
The Brand Experience Director works across multiple projects, partnering closely with the Creative Director and studio teams to drive storytelling to new levels and deliver highly crafted, innovative Nike only Experiences.
We are looking for someone who shares our drive and agility to explore the new; who is passionate and determined to create boundary-breaking experiences. Ultimately, you will help push Nike’s Brand Experiences into a new era of bridging the physical and virtual, with a vision to create immersive consumer Experiences Nike is known for.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You are a collaborator and creative partner, working closely with the LA Studio Creative Director or Art Director, Consumer Direct Marketing, Sport Performance & Lifestyle Brand marketing teams and alongside other Designers and Producers. You will also collaborate with external partners & agencies to drive creative concepts end-to-end, as well as internal functional partners across the organization.
- 8+ years’ of professional experience in design, client or agency-side.
- A strong multi-disciplinary background in Design (Environmental / Graphic / Digital)
- Portfolio of work showcasing experience in designing retail, live & virtual events.
- Proficiency in Mac OSX, Adobe CS, Sketchup, Keynote (Other 3D software a plus)
- Working knowledge of today’s digital channels and emerging technologies.
- Ability to develop comprehensive (O2O) designs across Physical / Virtual platforms.
- Passion for current trends in Technology, Design, Art, Interactive and Experience Design
- Experience with AR/VR/XR and an understanding of the potential of these technologies in creating the future of storytelling.
- Strong interpersonal resourcefulness and ability to cultivate cross functional partnerships.
- Collaborative working process & multi-disciplinary approach to design
- Ability to collaborate with and effectively manage external creative partners
- Able to manage and drive junior designers to support concept/ design development
- Consistently deliver high-quality work on time and with attention to detail
- Ability to present and sell-in creative concepts and execution idea
- Self-motivated, good communicator and a great team-player!
- A desire to connect people in new ways through technology.
- Work hard, play hard attitude and a great sense of humor.
- A Passion for Sport & Culture.
- A storyteller at heart
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.