The Account Manager at Merritt Group is resourceful and hands-on. They are someone who is dedicated to developing strong leadership skills and delivering outstanding results with enthusiasm. Account Managers exhibit extraordinary drive and ambition. They are calm under pressure and are able to quickly adapt to different situations. Account Managers continuously look for new ways to help our clients communicate with the audiences that are important to them. They are the go-to person when others need help or have an issue; they listen to others and values opinions and an alternative point of view; and, Account Managers are able to adapt their communication style to both clients and teammates. And, like all Merritt Groupers, has an insatiable curiosity and interest in technology and business, social media and digital marketing.
- Account Management: Manage three to four accounts with little oversight from senior staff, including providing day-to-day counsel to client. Mentor/coach each account team and oversee the work of each person on their account teams to ensure client objectives are met. Ensure that monthly and long-term goals are set and met for all accounts. Identify opportunities to integrate other agency services (creative services, demand generation, etc.) into accounts where it will advance a client’s goals. The integration should be seamless to the client and the Account Manager should play the client facing-role to the client on the solution area - working behind the scenes with other team members.
- Client Relations: Bring value, meaningful counsel and creativity to client at all times; think a few steps ahead of the client and beyond what they have asked of us. Stay on top of trends and issues that could impact clients and proactively address. Establish a relationship that makes the client feel comfortable, enough to consider Merritt Group as a trusted partner and not just another vendor.
- Planning: Drive internal team meetings and continuously bring new creative ideas to the table. Actively participate in new client kick-off meetings and, when relevant, drive them. Play a strong role in annual, quarterly, and monthly client planning meetings. Handle all client reporting, including monthly reports and meeting agendas. As needed, integrate other agency solution areas (creative services, demand generation, etc.) into account plans.
- Content Creation: Able to identify and recommend content generation campaigns that will help advance the business objectives of our clients. Able to write a full range of documents with little to no editing from senior staff. Edit and provide direction on writing work of other team members. Manage the writing and development of higher-level strategic documents, including messaging platforms and PR plans.
- Media Relations: Instrumental in driving media relations campaigns that shape clients’ reputations and help them achieve their business objectives. Has very strong media relations skills and a passion for coverage. Work with the team to maximize media attention for key announcements and proactive campaigns. Able
to manage product reviews and customer relations programs. Ensure our team meets or exceeds our client’s goals. Help the client brainstorm new ideas to effectively drive coverage. Able to help handle crisis situations and manage issues.
- Analyst Relations: Oversee ongoing analyst relations by ensuring periodic briefings with key analysts. Help define strategies for positively influencing key analysts and gaining their support. Work with the team to maximize analyst attention around key announcements and proactive campaigns.
- Speaking & Awards: Provide strategic counsel and insight to teams and clients. Ensure the team is tracking to results.
- Social Media: Understand strategy and execution of relevant social media channels for our clients; work with team to ensure the development of compelling social media content; work with team to ensure quality execution of social media content.
- Marketing: Have an understanding of marketing methodologies, including online content strategy and development, multimedia and social media production and management, email communications, electronic database and content management, and web analytics. Learn best practices across various marketing channels.
- Measurement; Create measurement strategies given the measurement tools and methodologies available to us. Have the ability to analyze measurement reports and make adjustments to ensure positive progress of our strategic communications campaigns across paid, earned and owned channels.
- Agency Operations: Participate in new business meetings and provide meaningful input and value. Take ownership of at least one operations program at the agency.
KEY SOFT SKILLS
- Client-Focused: Build strong trust with all clients and become the day-to-day lead for accounts they manage.
- Action-Oriented: Have a relentless focus on results. Ensure goals are consistently met.
- Inspire a Shared Vision: Inspire the team to achieve both business goals as well as client goals. Provide constructive feedback and coaching to teammates, take on mentoring role and provide visibility/opportunities for others.
- Communicate with Candor: Able to communicate about difficult topics in a diplomatic and respectful way. Demonstrate the ability to deliver honest feedback in an empathetic manner and understand when more assertive approaches must be taken to protect other team members.
- Challenge Processes For Innovation and Efficiency: Work to improve business inefficiencies and be mindful of the cost of working ineffectively. Think in innovative ways and look for opportunities to set Merritt Group apart.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Four to six years of working experience
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Prior PR agency or in-house experience
- Degree in communications, journalism, public administration, English, or related field
Job Type: Full-time