Warner Home Entertainment (WHE) and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE) have come together to form a new joint venture (JV), Studio Distribution Services (SDS), in the U.S. and Canada to distribute physical (disc) home entertainment product. SDS combines sales, distribution, and retail marketing for film and television new releases and library titles.
With an incredible entrepreneurial spirit and the backing of two multi-faceted media organizations, SDS endeavors to be a bold and innovative organization that’s not afraid to take risks to drive performance, all while working hard but not taking themselves too seriously. SDS believes in fostering an inclusive and collaborative culture that celebrates and embraces diverse thought, ideas and backgrounds throughout the organization. Headquartered on the iconic Universal Lot in Los Angeles, CA, SDS will also have sales offices in Bentonville, AR, Minneapolis, MN, and Toronto, Canada. With all the perks and benefits you’d expect from Universal and Warner, you can also expect progressive benefits like unlimited paid time off, an agile work schedule and more.
Our vision is to be the leading partner for the entertainment industry and retail to innovatively and sustainably deliver packaged media into consumers’ homes. We are looking for our inaugural team who shares the same characteristics that we want to be known for.
The Manager, Demand Planning will be responsible for proactively creating and managing the demand plan for assigned accounts as well as leading a team of Sr Analysts. She/he will build, maintain and report an accurate demand plan for select customer(s) leveraging quantitative analytics, problem solving and forecasting skills. The position will forecast base catalog demand and all required replenishment of catalog promotions for assigned accounts including JV partners. The Manager will be customer front facing, facilitate collaborative demand planning process internally and externally and engage and facilitate meetings with business partners to ensure SDS meets our customer needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage top accounts forecasting process end-to-end with the collaboration of cross functional areas such Sales, Order Management, Retail Planning, Operations, among others.
- Manage SDS base catalog forecasting process using analytical and statistical models adapted to latest industry trends and historical data.
- Create, measure, evaluate, analyze, and improve new releases, catalog and promo forecasts process of top retailers including replenishment forecasts.
- Improve and adapt forecasting models based on historical data and common methods such as linear regressions, moving average, exponential smoothing, among others.
- Collaboratively engage and facilitate meetings with Sales, Operations, Retail Planning, Order Management, Operations, and other functions to ensure we meet customer needs.
- Monitor ordering patterns/trends to identify deficiencies in meeting customer needs and correct the demand plan where required.
- Manage data flow from Retailer sites, 3rd party systems, and partner communication to ensure accurateness of information captured.
- Support and develop a team of professionals through clear goal setting, mentorship, and regular performance reviews, talent reviews, and performance management.
- Help create a culture of inclusion and collaboration across the team and its stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in Demand Planning.
- 3+ years of experience in forecasting modeling and statistics.
- 3+ years of experience working with large volumes of data desirable. Experience in quantitative analytics a must.
- Experience with APO module of SAP highly preferred.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 including Teams, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong communication and people management skills.
- Ability to work as a team player and become part of a high-performance team.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze sales trends, make recommendations, and develop fact-based presentations.
- Clearly articulated understanding of supply chain principles and functions
- Ability to present findings confidently to management, partners, vendors, and to customers
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining accuracy
- Excellent verbal and overall communication/interpersonal (verbal and written) skills
- Strong knowledge of retail concepts and operations
Studio Distribution Service’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Studio Distribution Services will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.