Industry: Media and Entertainment
Employment Type: Full-time
Position: Associate Account Director
Job Family: Customer Success Group
As an Associate Account Director, your job will in maintaining and increasing the sales of company products and services into your assigned set of accounts and increasing the reach to new customers in your territory. This includes focusing on presenting company technologies to help solve customers’ critical business problems. Another critical part of the role is ensuring the success of existing customers along with expanding the usage of company products & services by discovering additional use cases within a customer’s organization. To do this successfully this role requires an understanding of key technologies used for Media Broadcast, Terrestrial and Satellite, Contribution/ Events/ Occasional Use, Transmission, Content Acquisition/ Aggregation/ Management/ Distribution, OTT, Cloud-based media workflows, Network/WAN (IP, MPLS/GVPN, Ethernet), Hosting/Cloud computing, Unified Communication and IoT.
A Day in the Life
As an Associate Account Director, you will be the business representative and relationship owner for the Media and Entertainment Sales organization into your assigned set of accounts and territory.
This is a hands-on sales role, you are not just selling solutions but you’re actively working with customers understanding customer business, growth strategy.
Developing the company’s long-range sales strategy and forecasting sales volumes for the entire organization, building customer and partner relationships, and territory planning and segmentation. Identify sales opportunities and conduct feasibility checks to ensure maximum conversion of these opportunities to generate revenue as per sales strategy/ targets. Positioning and promoting the partner value proposition, leading sales/account managers in the development and expansion of opportunities and reinforcing existing relationships. Responsible for annual revenue quota booking with significant growth in subsequent years with an emphasis on the development of client relationships and customer delivery.
- Maintaining and increasing sales of your company’s products and services into your assigned setup of account in your territory
- Opening the doors to new customers for our products and service offerings.
- Defining and executing the plan to reach your sales targets and goals
- Establishing, maintaining and expanding your customer base
- Servicing the needs of your existing customers
- Increasing business opportunities through various routes to market
- Collecting customer feedback and market research and reporting it back into the company
- Keeping up to date with products and competitors
- Engage with sales prospects where you prepare and present the company's technology portfolio along with addressing any technical questions that come up during the sales cycle
- Take ownership to understand, ideate and create formal customer-facing proposals
- Act as the bridge between the customer (understanding their contextual requirement) and other teams like Product Management, Solutions Engineers, Commercial Deal Architects, Engineering, Procurement etc. with an ultimate aim to create winning proposals for customers.
- Support the needs of existing customers including discovering additional use cases for products & services.
- Work closely with the internal team to align customer requirements to future versions of products/services.
- Have a deep understanding of Tata Communications product portfolio and a willingness to learn new technologies when needed.
- Own the sales process from introductory meetings (net new sales) through post-sales (customer satisfaction, upselling, and renewals)
- Educate prospects on the business value of the company's offerings
- Focus on customer satisfaction and success
- Continuously learn and update skills in quickly evolving technologies
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of technologies for Media Broadcast (Terrestrial and Satellite), Contribution/Events/Occasional Use, Transmission, Network/WAN (IP, MPLS/GVPN, Ethernet), Hosting/Cloud computing, Content Acquisition/Aggregation/Distribution, Cloud-based media workflows, Unified Communication and IoT.
- Experience with performing customer-facing activities as part of a sales team. Confidence in working with customers and public speaking.
- Demonstrable ability to create and give business & technical presentations and demos.
- Excellent communicator who has experience presenting to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience seeing the entire lifecycle from conception to design to technology evaluation to proof of concept to implementation to maintenance and support.
- Ability to switch context quickly throughout the day with numerous competing demands
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant experience and success working in a customer-facing role
- Hands-on, technical, problem-solver personality
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- Strong relationship with the media and entertainment industry
- Good business sense, Initiative and enthusiasm
- The ability to motivate and lead a team of internal stakeholders with or without direct authority
- Excellent communication and ‘people skills’
- Good planning and organisational skills
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Foreign language skills are good to have!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $300,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 6 years (Preferred)
- Broadcast: 4 years (Preferred)
- Multiple locations