The Senior Product Manager, Transport, is responsible for leading the definition of and managing initiatives within the Global Transport industry product roadmap from start to finish across all Teletrac Navman software platforms; translating ideas into strategy and features; and exercising a strategic approach to break down complex problems, solve problems, and execute initiatives. This role is responsible for the for the full spectrum of product management including strategic market planning, product concepts and roadmap, product requirements, creating business plans, market positioning, and supporting product engineering and launch. The Senior Product Manager, Transport is an individual contributor, however, is responsible for getting results via cross-functional/indirect resources throughout the business.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Set the Transport product strategy and vision for all markets that Teletrac Navman operates in.
- Lead, define and manage initiatives within product roadmap.
- Oversee end-to-end product lifecycle including strategic planning and tactical activities such as the development of business requirements and functional specifications for new products, and enhancement to existing products; reviewing product plan periodically; supporting sales readiness; and product launch.
- Provide cross functional leadership across R&D, Sales Enablement, Sales, Marketing and strategic partners to meet the changing
- needs of the customers.
- Lead the way in product and offering breakthroughs.
- Generate new business growth by understanding on market opportunities.
- In- depth knowledge of customers and adjusting product offerings, features and technology.
- Collaborate with cross functional areas: R&D, Operations, Sales, Marketing, and strategic partners to develop integrated product offerings that meet the needs of priority customer segments and target markets.
- Drive the team to deliver on key metrics around product line financials with focus on customer growth, annual contract value and operating profit.
- Use Voice of Customer and competitive analysis to understand customer and market needs and adjust product offerings accordingly.
WHO YOU ARE
- Tertiary Qualification in Science, Engineering, Business, or any equivalent relevant field and/or equivalent, relevant industry experience.
- 8 + years’ experience in product management and/or product commercialization.
- 4+ years’ experience within the Transport or relevant adjacent industry.
- Prior experience setting product roadmaps within a technology company, preferably SaaS or IoT.
- Familiarity with the full product development lifecycle, with success managing products through various phases, from vision to launch.
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining strong relationships with all levels throughout the organization.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- Sensitive to industry trend, customer and commercially focused.
WHO WE ARE
Teletrac Navman is a leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider leveraging location-based technology and services for managing mobile assets. With specialized solutions that deliver greater visibility into real-time insights and analytics, Teletrac Navman helps companies make better business decisions that enhance productivity and profitability. Its fleet and asset management technology uncovers information that would otherwise go unseen, helping customers reduce risk and confidently move their business forward with certainty. It tracks and manages more than 500,000 vehicles and assets for more than 40,000 companies around the world. The company is headquartered in Orange County, CA, with additional offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand and Mexico. For more information visit TeletracNavman.com.
WHO IS VONTIER
Vontier is a $3B global industrial technology company focused on smarter transportation and mobility. Our five operating companies—Gilbarco Veeder-Root, Global Traffic Technologies, Teletrac Navman, Matco Tools, and Hennessy Industries—are united by a powerful purpose: mobilizing the future to create a better world. Our portfolio of trusted brands includes market-leading expertise in mobility technologies, retail and commercial fueling, fleet management, telematics, vehicle diagnostics and repair, and smart cities. Vontier’s pioneering solutions advance safety, security, efficiency, and environmental compliance worldwide.
Energized by our shared purpose and values, we have a strong culture shaped by a deep organization-wide commitment to inclusion, diversity, and equity (ID&E) and corporate responsibility. Eight vibrant global employee resource groups serve as powerful focal points for connection, community, and advocacy, and we actively support community causes through Vontier Cares. We offer flexible remote and in-person, open-space work options."Vontier Corporation and all Vontier Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law."