Mountain Supply and Service, LLC is seeking qualified oilfield sales representatives for our Windsor, CO location.
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Direct Supervisor: Sales Director/Division Manager
Compensation: Starting Base Salary $70,000 (Additional Compensation may be offered for experience) plus Commission
Job Summary: The Sales Representative will be responsible for generating sales leads, maintaining client relationships and monitoring sales and performance within the market and territory assigned. This will be accomplished through knowledge of the sales market, management of current accounts, management of prospective accounts and periodic accountability reviews.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales Market Knowledge
- Analyze and understand the market and territory assigned.
- Gain a working knowledge of the oil and gas plays in the assigned territory.
- Identify the Operators in the market as well as the service companies they utilize.
- Identify the decision makers with the Operators (i.e. Completions Engineer, Procurement, Operations Manager, etc). Update the National Sales Manager with this data on a consistent basis.
- Identify the service companies in the territory and the specific discipline(s) they represent (i.e. coiled tubing, flowback, etc).
- Identify the decision maker within each of the service companies. Update management with this data on a consistent basis.
- For the coiled tubing service companies, identify the number of coiled tubing units they are running along with their completions forecast and/or schedule.
Current Account Management
- Utilize the information gained from market and territory analysis to maintain existing customer accounts and seek to grow the existing business.
- Utilize the information gained from market and territory analysis to maximize sales of all that Mountain Supply and Service offers.
- Identify and meet the company men of all the Operators we are doing business with and maintain a consistent contact with them at each location on a weekly basis.
- Follow up with the appropriate customer contact when a sale is made, within 24 hours.
- Identify and maintain a consistent working relationship with the other service companies. Drive the business through on-site point of contact at their shops.
- Identify the products and parts that each customer needs as well as their usage of those items.
- Develop sales strategy and communication plan based on customer needs and usage.
- Handle all customer complaints and issues in a timely manner in accordance with the procedures and values of Mountain Supply and Service.
- Maintain previously established monthly sales and margin targets.
- Collaborate with other MSS employees to ensure each customer receives exceptional customer service.
- Communicate information effectively to both employees and customers.
- Maintain weekly communication with management giving updates on all sales activities.
- Keep management informed of any issues in order to maintain everyday competitive pricing.
- Use available technology to further the sales process.
- Responsible for own estimates and job quotes.
- Consistently maintain and promote a “safety first” attitude with all employees.
- All other job duties and responsibilities as determined by management.
Prospect Account Management
- Utilize the information gained from market and territory analysis to identify potential customer accounts – operator and service accounts.
- Develop a contact and communication strategy to effectively pursue each new customer opportunity.
- Utilize information gathered from customer contact development to put in place a strategy to create business opportunities with potential customers.
- Minimum of three “Potential Customer” face-to-face meetings each week.
- Continuous review of accounts, prospecting and goal setting.
- Bachelor degree preferred or a combination of equivalent training and experience.
- Preferred 3 years of selling experience in the oil and gas industry and/or related products.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Conditions vary based on job duties
Work Schedule and Benefits:
- Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm with some nights and weekends as required by customers
- Paid holidays, Paid time off, 401(k), Medical, Dental, LTD, STD, Life and Vision Insurance, commission eligible