What does it mean to be a Software Engineering Lead at Cardinal Health?
- At Cardinal, we expect all our engineers to be full-stack developers that can work in each technical layer of modern software development.
- For the Tech Lead role, we specifically seek individuals who are top performing engineers with advanced technical and leadership skills.
- This role serves many important purposes at Cardinal: a hands-on senior engineer in an Agile development environment; a software and technology designer with an architect’s mindset; a development coach to other engineers; a partner to the product team in proving the feasibility of ideas and designs; and ultimately a technical direction-setter for a fortune 16 company.
- This role will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders across the organization, including Product Leadership, System Security and Architecture, to build and deliver new, innovative technology solutions that will transform healthcare into a safer and more cost-effective industry.
- Broad experience in multiple programming languages, models and techniques
- Proficiency in client-side web development
- Proficiency in data modeling and API design
- Proficiency with SQL/relational databases
- Experience with NO-SQL platforms and concepts
- Experience with modern cloud hosting platforms
- Experience with modern security patterns, including certificate-based security
- Comfortable working with open-source technologies
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS/IT/IS or equivalent work experience preferred
- 6+ years’ experience in software development
- 2+ Years in a technical leadership role, such as Senior Engineer or Architect
- Experience in health or healthcare related field preferred
Attributes of the right person for this role:
- You possess a highly collaborative, team-first attitude.
- You are a master developer, technologist with a desire to develop products that positively impact lives.
- You are a dedicated mentor and coach who is passionate about advancing your team and your teammates.
- You are a leader and self-starter who loves to solve problems through technology.
- You have deep hands-on expertise and experience across the entire technology stack.
- You love to be involved in all stages of product design and development, from development of the MVP through architecting and building a scalable production system.
- You have expertise in system design, system interoperability and software architecture.
- You have a passion and proven track record for creating robust, scalable applications.
- You love working on high performing teams, collaborating with team members of all disciplines, and have a record of improving your team’s ability to deliver.
- You are passionate about delivering quality products though practices like TDD, ATDD and other software validation and testing approaches.
- You are motivated by solving challenging technical problems and teaching others to do the same.
- You are willing to understand complex, and sometimes non-technical, customer and business needs.
- You possess a perpetual learner mindset.
- You are motivated by innovating in a fast-paced, team centered-environment.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.