At Perkins Coie, we look for individuals that are self-motivated, dedicated to providing value and superior services and, above all, people who have a high degree of integrity and enthusiasm for their work. We’ve created a company culture that is based on collaboration, devotion to serving our clients, and mutual respect. Perkins Coie is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion both within the firm and throughout our collective communities. Work for one of the 100 Best Workplaces in America, get great health insurance, tuition reimbursement, your birthday off, and paid sabbaticals.
Perkins Coie has an immediate opening for a Service Desk Operations Engineer. The ideal candidate will serve as a member of the Service Desk Operations team. Primary responsibility is providing advanced support of Service Desk operations. Where requested, duties may include administration and maintenance duties for the Firm's systems infrastructure; Active Directory, DMS, Exchange permissions, print queues, and the scheduling of local office infrastructure upgrades, outages, and hardware replacements.
Scope of responsibility includes the following:
End-user Support: Quickly resolve end-user issues escalated to the Operations team from the Service Desk. Perform advanced troubleshooting as needed, partnering with various engineering teams. Ensure incidents are prioritized properly and that status/updates are shared with clients daily. Communicate resolved issues with clients and ensure that the resolutions provide the clients with the expected results. Provide backup support to the Service Desk handling contacts, phone and email, on as needed basis, including, but not limited to Priority 1 instances and severe short staffing. Act as a Subject Matter Expert on a range of technology; including but not limited to networking, firm applications, Microsoft Office, etc.
Documentation: Ensure user requests and issues are clearly documented in tickets and create written documentation for hardware and software installations or other technical matters as requested by management. Assist in the creation and editing of Service Desk processes and procedures including Knowledge Base articles and review and validate the content of Knowledge Base articles created by others.
Deployment: When requested, work with the applications deployment team on the installation and upgrade of SCCM software packages. Identify appropriate software deployment metrics to share with CS Leadership.
Team Liaison: Review escalated tickets to keep track on call/email trends in order to improve current processes. Work with various teams in IT to identify processes and procedures that can be transitioned over to the Operations team. Coordinate efforts between engineering teams to facilitate the administration of identified support tasks, including name changes, print queue administration, data offboard, etc.
Professional Development: Utilize time provided to expand job skills and knowledge in current technology in order to facilitate increasing tasks behind handled by the Service Desk Operations team.
Other : Stay current with new developments in technology through reading, user groups, technical associations, and/or related seminars.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to explain advanced technical concepts and processes in a clear, concise, fashion to all levels of firm personnel
- Ability to read and write advanced technical documentation
Customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish effective working relationships
- Ability to understand end users' challenging business needs and workflow
- Maintain a professional demeanor under stressful conditions
- Communicate and work with a variety of personality types
- Professionally navigate departmental and Firm organizational structures in order to facilitate resolution of complex issues
Problem solving skills
- Ability to follow complex documentation and perform advanced troubleshooting as needed
- Ability to quickly assimilate advanced technical information, organize and prioritize multiple competing deadlines
- Work effectively in a team environment to troubleshoot and solve challenging problems
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to a changing environment
- Take ownership of issues and follow-up on the status from inception to completion
Technical knowledge and skills
- Advanced understanding of the Firm's application suite and user workflow
- Advanced troubleshooting skills, including the ability to use a wide variety of resources including technical manuals, on-line vendor knowledge bases, and specification documents
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals, including ability to test and troubleshoot a variety of complex hardware configurations
- Advanced knowledge of software including operating systems (PC and Mac), ability to navigate and manipulate the Windows Registry and troubleshoot interaction errors between multiple software packages
- Basic network troubleshooting skills and knowledge, LAN, WAN, and home internet connectivity; including home network hardware setup.
Delegation and responsibility
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to identify and resolve user issues in a pro-active manner
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to meet or exceed deadlines
- Ability to function and flourish in an environment that embraces telecommuting; working both as a member of a larger team as well as solo when the needs require
- Knowledge of Active Directory environments and Microsoft SCCM
- Knowledge MS Exchange, including delegate access and basic account administration
- Knowledge of legal-specific software for Document Management Systems, records management, and timekeeping
- Knowledge of support of Apple MacBooks and Mac OS Telecommunications experience
- Ability to handle conflict and difficult situations within a technical and client service environment and effective communication abilities to all levels of personnel
- Ability to quickly diagnose, organize, and prioritize competing deadlines and properly setting service expectations with clients
- Self-motivated and the ability to execute tasks and make decisions in a high-pressure environment
Education & Experience:
Requires at least one year of technical support experience in a law firm environment or equivalent solid functional knowledge of standard PC hardware and software used in office environments. CompTia A+ required. CompTia Network+/Security+, MCSE, or equivalent technical education strongly preferred. An Associate's or Bachelor's degree is preferred.