A warehouse manager oversees operations at the warehouse to ensure that all incoming and outgoing inventory is processed and transacted in the ERP system accurately and on-time. Their duties include hiring, training, and assigning work to warehouse staff including order pullers, shipper/receivers, and cycle counters. Warehouse manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with company, state, and federal safety regulations applicable to their area.
- Set overall warehouse and functional area goals in collaboration with management and report daily and weekly progress on KPIs.
- Improve warehouse productivity by defining and implementing robust written processes for each warehouse function and then coaching and mentoring employees to achieve performance targets.
- Resolve performance issues among warehouse staff, maintain a safe work environment and ensure that employees are following all rules and regulations.
- Work closely with planning, production, quality, and inside sales to deliver production and shipping targets.
- Optimize logistics spend on inbound and outbound by on-boarding new carriers and manage current relationships. Support customers and suppliers in providing trade compliance document requirements when requested.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement and consumable supplies.
- Controls inventory levels by implementing daily cycle count process and leads yearly physical count of entire inventory and reconciling with ERP system.
- Ensures company documentation polices are followed to support management requests including customer support and audit requests.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 5 years of production/warehouse management experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Operations or related strongly preferred
- Firm understanding of inventory management processes; must have experience performing transactions and using ERP systems to retrieve and analyze data.
- Must demonstrate analytical, root-cause-analysis, and decision-making abilities
- Excellent people skills in mentoring, coaching/counseling, motivation, performance management, and employee relations.
- Ability to identify improvement projects and lead them to completion while managing day to day execution.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Ability to communicate effectively with other operations departments and support inside sales to resolve customer issues.
- Previous experience dealing with logistics companies and freight forwarders is preferred.