At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Client Success Manager (CSM) is responsible for developing long-term relationships with a portfolio of assigned IBM Clinial Development and IBM MarketScan Research Databases clients and ensuring these customers are successful in utilization of the SaaS service and/or the data; resulting in customer satisfaction, retention, growth, and reference-ability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Serving as the primary point of contact and escalation point, they will:
- Have demonstrated product knowledge, domain expertise, oral and written communication, project management, client management, and time management skills.
- Be a creative problem solver
- Be effective in teaming with a broad range of colleagues across IBM.
- Provide sales enablement support and promote ongoing business development opportunities
- Manage client enhancement requests
- Measure and ensure client satisfaction and adoption
- Support client satisfaction, success, retention, and renewal
- Manage the change in scope process from initiation to closure.
Additional functions include:
- Serving as a mentor to less experienced members of the team
- Taking ownership of projects outside of assigned account tasks
- Act as an escalation point for unassigned accounts
- Following through on identified revenue opportunities for unassigned accounts.
- Apply subject matter expertise in a variety of ways related to marketing content, business development tools, and product improvement.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Consumption / Product Use
- Revenue & Expansion
- Client Satisfaction
Relationship Management – build and sustain relationships with stakeholders and decision makers in assigned accounts
- Create a metric driven account strategy
- Establish regular contact with key stakeholders and become a trusted advisor to assigned accounts
- Communicate status at various levels inside client and at IBM
- Monitor customer satisfaction and drive references
- Act as an extension of the client organization within IBM for all activities and escalations, and coordinating all resources necessary to resolve issues and promote success.
- Identify opportunities for paid services and solution expansion by acting as an advocate for IBM within the client organization.
- Drive action plans around accounts that are at risk of non-renewal
- Support business development as a consultative subject matter expert, identifying client business objectives, explaining best practices, documenting and demonstrating product capabilities and use cases.
Product Enhancements and Feedback - Educate clients on the offering strategy and roadmap
- Ensure that assigned clients leverage new features as appropriate
- Ensure clients are aware of any changes to offering related processes and procedures including operational and business management changes
- Solicit client feedback on product features and capabilities
- Provide input to Development and Product Management regarding offering strengths and weaknesses
- Raleigh, NC,
- New York, NY
- Cleveland, OH
- Boston, MA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years in the clinical trial industry and/or experience in a customer success and/or client services delivery role
- Personal interest in client service and client success; enjoy working with people, with natural and effective communication and relationship building skills
- Analytical skills; methodical and detail-oriented planner and problem-solver; ability to identify root causes
- Strong, influential written and verbal communication skills, with some technical writing experience
- Reliable, dependable, and ability to keep a consistent schedule
- Solid understanding of the clinical trial industry, clinical research, and/or healthcare background
- Proactive, with excellent prioritization and task management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to successfully work with various departments and levels of any organization
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- IBM Clinical Development or other database certification a plus
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
About IBMIBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries. IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we're also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it's time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.