Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative, and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
We are looking for an experienced technical leader to drive the Azure Data and AI technical strategy for the Customer Success organization. As the technical leader you will be responsible for developing and executing on the technical strategy in one or more of the areas such as SQL Data Modernization, Cloud Scale Analytics, Data Governance, and AI. In this job you will closely interact with customers, Product groups, field roles such as Cloud Solution Architects, Customer Engineers, Customer Success Account Managers. This is highly dynamic and high pace position requiring technical depth and good understanding of the cloud business. CSA Manager will lead a team of deeply technical Cloud Solution Architects (CSA), focused on Azure Data and AI, to drive growth of Azure Services for a set of Enterprise accounts across different industries.
- People Leader: Build and grow healthy teams (i.e., CSAs & CEs) through talent management, diversity and inclusion, coaching, and career development. Respected technology leader with the ability to attract, retain, and develop the most technical resources in the field (i.e., CSAs, and CEs). Inspire and foster a culture of customer-centricity and consumption, adoption and use through collaboration with peers and extended teams
- Empower your team to accelerate Data Estate Modernization, win with Analytics, innovate with AI including guidance on architectural design, technical recommendations, blocker escalations and technical resource orchestration
- Engage with the area’s most strategic customers as executive sponsor to accelerate digital transformation journey and create a data driven and intelligent driven organization
- Be the cloud-consumption leader in the field for your Area, owning the business and results of Data Estate Modernization, winning with Analytics, innovating with AI. Be a vocal leader and customer champion in your Area with both local and corporate leadership to elevate cloud adoption issues and accelerate resolution
- Lead your team to utilize “Well-Architected” framework, such as high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability
- Partner with all required Microsoft stakeholders in the subsidiary to land and drive Data & Analytics/AI CSA role clarity, account coverage, project assignment and effective cross-team collaboration
- Drive operational excellence, including timely consumption opportunity management and high-quality reporting and insights
- Inspire your team to win developer affinity to Azure platform through tech intensity
- Exceed customer support obligations as needed
- Professional: 7+ years working with large Enterprise customers and field communities in consulting or similar roles, leading deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and support of highly distributed applications OR: 7+ years of experience in building products and services as part of Engineering teams in engineering positions (required)
- Management:3+ years of experience in people management (required) with preferably managing geographically disperse teams across time zones, as well as gained in other leading software and/or services companies/competitor environment
- Change:7+ years of experience driving change management or technical adoption(required)
- Deep domain expertise in one of the Data & AI -specific areas, such as SQL Server, deployments and migrations to the cloud, Open-source database deployments and migrations, Cloud Scale Analytics, Data Governance, Azure AI, Azure Machine Learning, Azure Cognitive Search, Azure Cognitive Services and Azure Bot Services
- Working knowledge of Azure and/or competitive cloud technologies
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results
- Demonstrated Technical leadership through prior technical coaching/leadership roles
- Prior work experience in other software and/or services companies such as Amazon, Google, IBM, Oracle(desired)
Leadership, Collaboration, Communication
- Ability to run complex program management at a global scale, including cross-project planning and resource orchestration, as well as the ability to consistently identify and drive program enhancements
- Proven ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Strategic thinking with the ability to execute cross-org and drive for results in ambiguous environments, independence in decision making, ability to problem-solve
- Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to quickly adapt in rapidly evolving business situations
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through with exceptional verbal and written communication
- Strong Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences and with different levels of an organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or equivalent experience (highly preferred)
- Certifications in one or more of the following technologies: Azure Data, Analytics, AI, and Machine Learning (recommended)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.