The priority of this position is to acquire new customers by selling the benefits of Pivot’s experience, services and products. Responsible for the achievement of quarterly and annual sales goals for volume and margins, and the development of new business while ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction. Builds a network of different industry sales professionals who share the same customer, uncovering new opportunities. Create the sales strategy around an opportunity, work with internal team members to support selling efforts and transition to account management team once won.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and maintains an innovative sales/marketing strategy for assigned market segments.
- Creates and maintains strong relationships with clients, prospective clients, vendors, and referral sources to increase customer satisfaction and generate referral business.
- Promotes and sells design, installation, project management, architectural products and other Pivot Interiors services.
- Provides prompt and effective follow-up of leads and new prospects.
- Conducts presentations, demonstration, and tours as appropriate at various points in the sales cycle.
- Secures dealer-held agreements with major clients as required.
- Develops and participates in leads groups, attends business development functions, cold calls, attends lunch/dinner and other functions with business influencers (brokers, A&D, construction, etc.) and schedules appointments with new prospective clients.
- Develops and maintains executive relationships.
- Maintains a current working knowledge of developments in all vertical markets, including related products, applications, and design concepts. Makes recommendations to design/sales leadership based on trends, insights and developments in the market.
- Attends industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provides feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Presents to and consults with management on business trends with a view to offering new services, and products.
- Identifies opportunities for campaigns and services that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, tailors this knowledge to the client’s organization to create a more natural and desirable workplace that fosters connection, creativity, productivity, and greater prosperity for all.
- Works with marketing to ensures that RFPs are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Consistently devotes time to personal and professional development through a variety of continuing education sources and appropriate business and professional associations.
- Position requires travel throughout the Bay Area with occasional overnight stays.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or technical school and at least 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have experience with and knowledge of MS Office.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to read and analyze architectural drawings and blueprints. Ability to write reports, and business correspondence (such as proposals, quotations, letters), in English. Ability to effectively present information, written and verbal, in English, and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, vendors, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply the algebraic and geometric concepts involved in project design desirable.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Proof of valid California state drivers’ license, and proof of insurance of an operable vehicle required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; concentrate intensely; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keypad. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance and/or equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock if working at client site. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor���s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)