Develop and deliver technical solutions at a health IT organization!
Summary: Are you an analytical thinker who enjoys seeing a project through to the finish line? Do you need a stimulating, fast-paced environment to exercise your technical problem solving skills? HealtheConnections is looking for a talented Solutions Architect to join our team of health IT experts.
HealtheConnections runs the health information exchange (HIE), coordinating the secure exchange of important patient data for more than 1,600 health and care organizations such as hospitals, physician practices, labs, public health departments, and more. They rely on our services and applications to be intuitive, comprehensive, and most importantly, help them deliver better care to the patients they serve. Your role as Solutions Architect is to be the architect of end-to-end business and technical solutions that can enhance functionality of HIE applications, solve unique problems for health systems and public health organizations, and even support statewide collaborative projects with partners and colleagues.
We’re looking for a Solutions Architect who is excited to be a part of a growing team, willing to share their ideas, and searching for a company where collaboration, integrity, and commitment to mission are at the forefront.
- Analyze project requirements; develop and deploy solutions to meet project deadlines
- Manage workload according to priority and provide project updates
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise across all components of HIE
- Understand business direction and strategy to develop ongoing solutions
- Work with internal customers to understand business requirements and develop prototypes to meet technical and visualization expectations
- Ability to handle all aspects of the project life cycle, interact with internal and external customers to develop business requirements and determine the best solution.
- Ability to manage outside vendors and partners who are assisting with the building of solutions.
- Ability to design and develop solutions in Mirth Connect, MSSQL, and PostgreSQL
- 4 year degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience working with system integration, database, application development, file formats, workflow management, and system testing
- HealthCare experience preferred
- Equivalent experience and certifications will also be considered
- 1-5 years of systems and data integration analysis
- Experience with .NET framework and SQL a plus
- Experience with Mirth/NextGen Connect, a plus
- Strong analysis, issue identification and resolution skills
- Ability to develop and manage team collaterals
- Ability to work on a team, as well as independently
- Ability to manage projects, prioritize own tasks and organize assigned work to completion
You’re a great fit for us if you’re good at…
- Paying attention to the details
- Managing your own time and priorities
- Running projects from start to finish with little oversight
- Interacting with vendors and partners
We’re a great fit for you if you’re looking for…
- A high-performance, high-energy, collaborative environment. One of the best things about working here is our team. They’re smart, supportive, passionate, and among the best in the business.
- A dynamic industry. Health information exchange has exciting opportunities on the horizon as the healthcare industry evolves, both within our 26-county region and on the national stage.
- Strong benefits. We cover the cost of medical insurance for employees along with a full suite of benefits, including 401k matching, generous vacation/holiday time, unlimited sick time, and a lot more.
- Work that makes a difference in your community. We’re proud to make an impact in the healthcare industry on a large scale and improving health outcomes for individual patients.
We like to say that we’re “casually competent” – we’re not pretentious, but we know our stuff. Our people are talented, our culture is vibrant, and our work is at the top of its class. Even better, our customers genuinely like working with us, and we’ve seen firsthand how what we do has made a positive impact on our community.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
- Are you will to commute to onsite location (Syracuse, NY)?
- One location
Work Location: One location