What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
SAP Services Account Executive (SAE) enables customers to realize the vision of the Intelligent Enterprise and embrace the promise of the experience economy. As the key customer-facing asset in our Services Sales organization, the SAE is responsible for positioning SAP Services as the differentiated partner to help our clients accelerate time-to-value while controlling implementation and operational costs on their path toward digital transformation and adoption of next-generation technologies.
- Conduct detailed research and comprehensive analysis of the utility industry and specific customer’s business imperatives and challenges to drive demand generation.
- Develop territory and account plans, leveraging all assets available (e.g. lines of service, marketing events, delivery resources) that represent pipeline growth and business opportunities.
- Build strong internal relationships with license/cloud sales, alliance partners, services delivery, and product management.
- Be an expert in sales execution by understanding the customer’s decision-making process and developing relationships with key decision-makers and progressing deals through the sales cycle.
- Facilitate and manage the sales process from start to finish including customer discovery, implementation scoping sessions and deliver formal services proposals.
- Research and educate oneself formally in organized education forums and informally through internal sales collateral, competitor content, and internal eLearning resources related to SAP business.
- Leverage social media and other tools to expand awareness of SAP innovations; Proactively position SAP’s thought leadership role in business process transformation and technology advancement.
Experience and Role Requirements:
- 3-5 years of experience in sales or business development activities including generation and management of opportunities, bids, deal closure and relationship management. SAP product and prior enterprise business application software or implementation experience is preferred.
- Experience working collaboratively through effective communication and management consulting style thinking coupled with significant critical thinking.
- Proven experience with identifying opportunities and managing them through sales process from origination to close.
- Possess an understanding of key negotiation terms and conditions and a general understanding of contractual structures for medium to highly complex consulting engagements.
- Prior sales experience or knowledge with the U.S. Utilities / Energy & Natural Resources industries and general knowledge of the technology decision process is valuable.
Personal Characteristics Required:
- Demonstrate the ability to have consistent logic, rationality and objectivity in decision making.
- Achieves good balance between quick decisiveness and slower, more systematic approaches and performs critical problem solving easily.
- Exhibit professional communication and organization of thought with the ability to apply sound commercial judgment when presenting to SAP customers how SAP Services will align to business outcomes they expect to achieve.
SAP has a dedicated Utilities vertical and market presence second to none. Our dedicated utility industry teams and resources are a tightly integrated and trusted team dedicated to delivering customer success. Recognized as the enterprise software and cloud provider for the industry, SAP Utilities offers a unique career opportunity to immediately join and participate on a winning team.
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:298612 | Work Area: Sales | Expected Travel: 0 - 60% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time |