Business Development Associate
Thursday, August 19, 2021
Cambridge Global Payments, a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of integrated cross-border payment services and risk management solutions. As a trusted partner for 25 years, Cambridge delivers innovative solutions designed to mitigate foreign exchange exposure and address unique business needs. Our award-winning capabilities and industry-leading technologies simplify the way businesses connect with the global marketplace. As one of the largest bank-independent providers globally, we are flexible and responsive, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia. Learn more at cambridgefx.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
ROLE FUNCTION AND PURPOSE
Cambridge Global Payments is looking for motivated Business Development Associate to join their thriving sales team and focus on generating new business in the Fintech market. This is an exciting opportunity in a corporate sales environment where you will be exposed to the competitive, coveted financial sector. The successful candidate will offer their knowledge, experience, confidence and build credibility with prospects in the International payments sales arena.
Our Work Culture, Environment & Company Perks
Experience our entrepreneurial environment, and learn how to successfully build your own book of business by some of the best sales staff in the FX industry.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Drive to achieve monthly targets by Identifying, accessing, and selling prospects on the value Cambridge can bring to their respective business
- Convince a prospect to move from a warm lead to become a Cambridge client by completing an application in order to conduct a first time trade with an experienced in-house Cambridge Account Executive/Trader
- Set an appointment with a prospect to conduct either a phone discussion or a face to face meeting with an experienced outside Cambridge National Account Manager
- Conduct prospect demonstrations of Cambridge Online as an efficient and effective payment system option
- Continually market those prospects who are not ready to move to Cambridge by making periodic calls, sending timely market updates and marketing materials
- Make regular updates to the company CRM system, Salesforce.com
- Source and generate leads for potential new business
- Create a positive impression of Cambridge with prospects by acting professionally and providing timely and accurate follow up
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Degree/ Diploma in Business, Finance, Marketing, or related field
- 6 months to 2 years of inside and/or outside sales experience; telesales experience is required, with experience in high volume sales calls (60+ a day) considered strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the financial markets will be a plus, along with payment process understanding (training will be given)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with CRM systems (i.e. Salesforce.com)
- Demonstrated level of sales confidence during the interview process
- $2.6B Annual Revenue
- 100+ Countries
- 2.0B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,500+ Employees
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
- Job Family
- Pay Type