- This critical role, part of the Global TTS Payments and Receivables (P&R) at Citi, is charged with developing and commercializing next-generation payments solutions to meet the needs of TTS clients. Connectivity to non-traditional payments options such as eWallets is a critical area of focus for Citi’s Global P&R network and will move us one step closer to the vision of paying from ‘Anywhere to Anywhere’ on behalf of our clients. The Global eWallets Product Manager would strive for consistency of Wallets and other Alternative Payment Methods (APM) rollouts across the Citi network, creating a harmonized structure around Risk, Onboarding, Commercial, Operations & Technology and partnerships. Citi is already live with a number of eWallets across a number of countries and all regions and continues to double down on making many more connections relevant for our clients, given the changing consumer and business preferences to include APM’s such as eWallets.
- To help drive and expand Citi’s network and create a strong set of solutions for clients, we are seeking a strong SVP/Product Manager to help lead our overall global eWallets strategy. The successful candidate will be/become the leader, SME and evangelist for these capabilities, working closely with key global and regional stakeholders, functional partners and diverse stakeholders across ICG, GCB, CCB and external industry participants. The SVP would manage the continued evolution of these eWallets schemes, efforts to target current collections and disbursements use cases (both domestic and cross border) as well as evolving flows (e.g., bill payments, eCommerce); and help drive commercialization efforts in partners with client facing teams and market management across all regions.
- In addition to creating and managing the strategy and alliances, this SVP will also lead/ oversee multiple aspect of the product development process, including design, delivery, and commercialization of products; and work closely with clients and Sales, as well as internal stakeholders across Global Product Management/Development, Client Delivery, Marketing and Market management, Legal and Control partners; and 3rd party vendors.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead eWallet Product Strategy and Roadmap
- Manage and Lead new projects for eWallets
- Develop Business Cases and Project Charters
- Define Business Requirements and drive business decisions
- Commercialize eWallet product offering
- Document and manage risks, mitigations, and control plans
- Manage Network and eWallet Provider relationships
- Setting a strategic vision and multi-year Global product roadmap in tandem with the regional team and functional partners, for the rollout of multiple eWallet partnerships across all product lines (Cross Border Payments, Spring by Citi and Domestic Payments and Receivables)
- Develop and deliver product features, roadmap and enhancements throughout the product lifecycle from nascent to mature ensuring the product offering remains competitive and delivers on client needs.
- Build out and manage P&L to deliver Revenue, Expense and Net Income Plan that maximizes profitability and minimizes cannibalization of other P&R Product P&Ls. Create annual financial plan and re-forecast targets. Conduct or participate in monthly and quarterly financial reviews
- Define value proposition, competitive positioning, and distribution channels. Build out/refine client-facing Product sales decks, white papers, demos and other client-facing materials to support Sales efforts. Develop and conduct training for TTS Sales and Account Management and Banking teams.
- Develop market segmentation strategies and go to market commercialization plans. Drive Marketing strategy with Solution Sales, Bankers, Account Managers and Product Sales partners as well as market management team for product set. Conduct competitive and market analyses to determine go-to-market strategies
- Ensure a strong risk and control environment by optimizing risk/reward trade-off and adhering to all applicable laws. Ensure product risk, compliance and audit standards and maintain pristine control environment
- Act as a subject matter expert on all matters related to eWallets including their functionality at Citi and their overall position in the payment landscape.
- Provides E2E Product Development and Product Management responsibility
- High-profile visibility within the bank and externally on Payment transformation; significant senior-level exposure
- Build a senior payments network (internal and external) around the globe
- Learn the trends, approaches and needs of some of the most innovative companies who will either be a partner in delivering these solutions or who are utilizing them.
- Opportunity to become an industry expert (internal and external), including direct engagement with multiple stakeholders across O&T, Controls and Compliance, Treasury and Global teams.
The Product Manager should have 6+ years of work experience in any of the following: Product Management, Market Management or Sales, working with various Trade and Treasury Solutions products. A broad understanding of multiple Payments/ Receivables products and how the payment industry is evolving as well as direct experience working within/partnering with eWallet/ other APM’s is desirable given the role’s position.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong modeling and worksheet handling skills given a lot of analysis is required to be undertaken prior to embarking on a new product/solution Roll Out
- Technical orientation would be helpful as that helps link in the Product/ Solution into an actual build effort, usually take over by the traditional technology units
- Very strong Project management skills and execution focus
- Good Team management and networking skills given a wide swath of stakeholders in the circle of influence
- Strong organizational skills
- Capacity to proactively anticipate, identify, and resolve problems
- Strategy oriented with ability to multi-task
- Propensity to seek and develop linkages among products and client scenarios
- Desire to drive projects from ideation or assignment to execution
- Excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present internally and externally to senior executives
- Appetite for challenging assignments
Primary Location: NAM-USA-NY-New York
Job Family Group:Product Management and Development
Job Family:Product Performance Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting