Our client, an Integrated solar and construction solution provider, is looking for an experienced, full-time permanent outside salesperson to sell a groundbreaking new Solar energy system to the construction industry. They are looking for someone with 5+ years of experience selling to architects, developers, building owners, and builders.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer with great company culture. The successful candidate will be required to attend training sessions in Toronto, Canada for approximately 1 (one) month, before joining our sales team in Los Angeles.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Salary of USD $85,000+/year depending on experience, plus commission and an annual bonus based on performance
- Extended medical and health coverage (including vision, dental, and life)
- Competitive RRSP Matching for tenured employees
- Collaborative and diverse culture, open concept modern office space
- Unlimited room for advancement and growth
- Full-time and permanent position
- Have at least 5+ years of outside sales experience in the construction industry.
- Have a track record of selling to the commercial and multi-residential construction marketplace
- Having a good technical understanding of the construction process and the building envelope is an asset.
- Must be technologically and mechanically astute to understand technologically sophisticated products using solar energy and cladding construction technology.
- Must be proactive, a self-starter, confident, and have an “intrapreneurial” attitude.
- Must be polished/presentable and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be exceptionally organized, and adept at using CRM software.
- Must have a purpose-based attitude to sales and customer service.
- Experience in Solar/Energy/Microgrids, Solar Rooftop/Energy Management, Building Envelope/Construction/Cladding etc. is preferred
- Sell Solar energy solutions based on solar panels and glass products for new and retrofit construction markets as well as infrastructure projects.
- Learn and apply product/application knowledge to develop solutions for customers.
- Develop relationships with architects, developers, building owners, engineers, consultants, specifiers, and Director/VP level executives at large corporations.
- Achieve agreed-upon sales targets within the specified timeframes.
- Analyze vertical markets for new opportunities and potential growth.
- Find and call on new prospective customers in the targeted markets
- Cultivate our existing database of prospects and clients for new business opportunities.
- Call on leads developed through our marketing & business development departments.
- Analyze customer and prospect needs in order to develop new product/value applications.
- Use our customer relationship management [CRM] system to plan and keep track of all business development and sales activity.
- Provide periodic reports on sales, and other key performance indicators (KPIs).
Our client has implemented extensive measures for Covid-19 workplace safety procedures including physical distancing, masks, increased cleaning/sanitizing frequency, glass partitions between desks, etc.
Our client welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Candidates who are legally entitled to work in the United States (without employer sponsorship) and can commute to the office every day are welcome to apply.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in our company. However, due to the number of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls (except for accommodation requests) or unsolicited agency calls, please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Commission pay
- Do you have an understanding of the construction process and the building envelope?
- Do you have experience in the Solar industry?
- Are you willing and able to attend training sessions in Toronto, ON CA?
- outside construction sales: 5 years (Required)