Regional Director of Sales
PRA is the market-leading business event management firm, delivering unique experiences that move hearts, minds and businesses forward. Blending Passion, Reach and Authenticity, PRA works collaboratively with clients to craft creative, multi-sensory attendee journeys to leave a lasting impression.
- Develop and execute Hotel Partnership acquisition strategy in conjunction with Vice President, Strategic Partnerships.
- Lead/Direct consistent hotel outreach plan for new and existing hotel partnerships and reporting of regional results on a quarterly basis.
- Determine annual Sales goals in partnership with Regional Leadership and Chief Growth Officer.
- Manage Regional Sales Managers to ensure goals are achieved.
- Develop and maintain sound employee relations at all levels to include counseling and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Forecasting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implement sales programs by developing field sales action plans to ensure generation and growth within assigned territory.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Oversee "closing" program contracts with clients, qualifying leads and developing program ideas for leads.
- Develop travel budgets and schedules for regional leader's approval as well as monitoring client marketing budget.
- Represent PRA at key association and industry groups through membership to include tradeshows and local networking events to meet potential clients.
- Responsible for remaining current and knowledgeable of industry trends and developments.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in sales Leadership, specifically in hotel sales, DMC, incentive travel, event management, convention services, hospitality, or related field.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Marketing, Hospitality, or related area.
- Effective sales leader, with notable experience developing strategic partnerships, leading and directing sales teams and deep industry relationships.
- Destination knowledge in the areas geographically located in the surrounding areas of assigned office(s).
- Record of success in sales and marketing strategies, accomplishing goals aligned with organizational strategic planning, including annual goals and gross profit.
- Ability to provide solutions and/or resources to challenges/opportunities that may arise during the development and sale of programs.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong supplier/partner relations at venue and community locations, including negotiation on behalf of clients for best locations, terms, etc.
- Ability to professionally represent PRA at client meetings, site inspections, industry and association functions, supplier/partner meetings, and staff meetings.
- Proven experience in the management of a Customer Relationship Platform (CRM) including training, motivating, and regular job appraisals.
- Strategic planning experience, including analyzing trends, establishing sales goals and profit margins.
- Expertly proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, and a CRM Platform.
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret client proposal requirements, RFPs, contracts, financial reports, and other legal documents.
- Must be able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, supplier/partners, and co-workers.
- Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, supplier partners, and hoteliers.
- Must be able to prepare sales reports, using complex calculations, for sales meetings and client presentations.
Whether in-person, remote, or hybrid, PRA guides organizations in bringing people together with strategic content, brand engagement and authentic destination experiences. PRA has local teams across the US covering more than 29 top destinations, and a remote execution team who can plan anywhere our clients envision an incomparable meeting or event.
Internally, we believe in not just talking about positive change, but working towards it. Our Equity, Diversity + Inclusion Council was created in 2020 to guide and educate, both our team and the industry. We are also members of ECPAT-USA to help end human trafficking, and we have a strong partnership with the American Forest Foundation through which we assist in replanting trees throughout the US.
Our Corporate and Incentive Program Planning Capabilities Include:
Creative Event Design + Production; Local Excursions; Tours; Teambuilding; Offsite Events; Dine Arounds; Digital + Hybrid Programming; Health + Safety Logistics; CSR + Giveback Initiatives; Sustainable Planning Services; Transportation Logistics; Staffing; Content Creation; Graphic Design + Branding; Gifting.
Follow PRA on social @PRABusinessEvents and visit www.pra.com for more information.
Job Type: Full-time