Businesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Clearance type Secret
Relocation eligible Yes
Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting
Job ID 184222BR
Most Recent Date Posted 07/23/2021
Country United States
Section Manager, Systems Administration
Program Execution Services
LWAD Mission Areas – Tewksbury, MA
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as we trail blaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in creating.
Be a part of cutting edge Technology and Innovation.
The Raytheon Technologies Missile & Defense (RMD), DT organization is currently seeking a Manager of Systems Administration to lead a team of System Administrators in Tewksbury, MA.
Our DT organization ensures that Raytheon Technologies teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support Raytheon’s DT infrastructures around the world.
As a Manager for DT Systems Administration you will manage and lead a team of system administrators responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance support of computers, servers, and software platforms. This position will serve as the primary DT point of contact for Raytheon Missile and Defense (RMD) program stakeholders.
Our DT managers support and monitor program execution, review computing infrastructure designs and architecture, collaborate to increase DT technical and organizational capabilities across RMD, and support programs throughout their entire lifecycle. In this role, you will have the responsibility for all aspects of people management including: staffing, staff development, training, tool and process development and deployment, and administration of performance appraisals.
Responsibilities to anticipate:
- Assignment of projects and tasks
- Managing employee performance
- Administer time reporting and new hire training
- Recruiting, orientation and onboarding of new employees
- Working through the team, ensure the computing infrastructure hardware, operating systems, applications and communications networks remain in optimal working order
- Assist in the analysis of existing information systems and process flows for operational efficiencies and identify potential enhancements. Develop improved procedures and/or recommend corrective action
- Evaluate proposed computer solutions and approving proposals or recommending alternatives.
- Review partner requirements and specifications and developing strategies to meet these requirements
- Prepare and submit periodic progress reports and accomplishments to the next level of leadership.
- Domestic or international travel may be required
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. Except in rare cases, only U.S. citizens are eligible to obtain a security clearance. This role will require the US Secret Clearance to be obtained within one year of employment
Qualifications you must have:
- 8+ years of experience designing, integrating, and certifying high-availability Windows/LINUX/UNIX systems
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience with Windows operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 2K3 Server, Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 Server
- Experience managing teams of IT Professionals
- Experience in working with Linux, Solaris and UNIX
- Possess the ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance.
- US DoD Secret Clearance must granted within one year, if selected applicant does not already possess one.
Qualifications we value:
- Experience with virtualization tools including VMWare and Citrix
- Five years of experience managing teams of at least 6-10+ members is desired
- Knowledge of Active Directory and group policy management
- Understanding of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts
- Working knowledge of data storage and data backup technologies
- Programming or scripting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of current DSS/ DoD 8570.1 and Raytheon Classified computing practices and guidelines
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision and technical direction
- Security+ or CISSP certification, or willingness to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Experience with AWS or Azure deployment
- Active Top Secret Clearance
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.