Collaboration drives Nordson’s success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizes the Nordson Business System, NBS Next, to ensure North American sales opportunities and level of commercial service deliver profitable growth to the business.
- Aligns commercial activities in North America to deliver a “close to the customer” model while maximizing growth in our strategic focus segments.
- Leads commercial team in the development and execution of sales acceleration plans, driving growth in our strategic focus segments and new product innovation launches.
- Maintains and grows a strong opportunity pipeline through superior funnel management.
- Executes to a sales forecast meeting and exceeding targets while ensuring sales opportunities close to plan.
- Collaborates with our marketing team to establish and maintain high level relationships with end customers and distributors.
- Leads customer service & inside sales teams ensuring inquires and orders are processed in an accurate and timely manner, while delivering a positive experience to our customers that exceeds expectations.
- Demonstrates strong talent management ability focusing on hiring, coaching, directing, and developing employees while increasing engagement.
- Participates in and contributes to the strategic and operating plan processes, active divisional leader contributing to the overall running of the business.
- Participates in the review of product designs and specifications to ensure that new products are designed to the market and customer requirements. Supports overall product development efforts.
- Partners with Finance team on measurement and reporting of commercial metrics and cost control activities.
- Successfully establishes and adhered to yearly departmental budgets.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, or a related field is required. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of professional experience in a commercial leadership role is required.
- Experience leading commercial teams in North America is required. Sales leadership experience outside of North America is a plus.
- Past commercial experience in the medical industry is preferred.
- Commercial experience both in direct sales & through product distribution channels is preferred.
- Experience in managing customer service & inside sales teams is a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic growth plans.
- Demonstrated negotiation, relationship management, facilitation, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain high level relationships with end customers.
- Strategic and critical thinking abilities, strong analytical skills, and financial acumen.
- Proven leadership skills including team building, collaborating, accountability, strategic and innovative thinking.
- Strong decision-making skills in response to high pressure situations.
- Results oriented approach focused on developing and building high performance teams.
- Ability to manage effectively at all levels, communicate a clear and compelling vision and influence others to support timely achievement of initiatives and goals.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Office and Manufacturing environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Employee may be required to remain stationary, stand, sit and/or bend frequently or for extended periods of time.
- Employee will frequently be required to actively listen and exchange verbal and written information.
- Employee may be required to observe and assess information received via computer.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Must have reliable, appropriate transportation.
Estimated 75% domestic & international travel
Base Salary Range for this position is $96,100 to $137,300; shift premium may be available depending on shift associated with the specific job opportunity. Benefits include Medical, Rx, Vision, Dental, and Health Savings Account (HSA), Retirement and Security benefits including 401k and Life Insurance. In addition to Paid Time off and paid Holidays, each employee receives 16 hours paid time each calendar year to perform volunteer services for Nordson-sponsored events. Ample opportunities for giving exist at Nordson including our Matching Gifts Program.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.