Manager, Business Systems Analysis - DAS Enterprise Risk Management
Preferred Location: Hermitage/Nashville
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
The Product Owner is the member of the Agile Team responsible for defining Stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the Features or components for the team. Take a significant role in quality control and is the only team member empowered to accept stories as done. Has significant relationships and responsibilities outside the local team, including working with Product Management, who is responsible for the Program Backlog, to prepare for the Program Increment (PI) Planning meeting.
- You will work with clients to define and document requirements for a named set of custom developed or vendor software products, as well as document requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, feature description decks, user guides, process flows, wireframes, and newsletters.
- You will have the opportunity to conduct Design Thinking sessions to gain insights into end user and customer needs.
- You will lead the product backlog for a product and partner with the Engagement Manager to prioritize requirements, define lead scope and sprints for a project.
- You will provide operational support to practitioners and firm clients.
- You will possess overall understanding of appropriate business processes and workflows.
- You will engage business owners and other ITS resources to respond to requests for new applications and/or enhancements and collaborate with the Engagement Manager to create and present the appropriate project on-boarding processes and materials.
- You will lead all Testing and QA activities within the project lifecycle, to include leading off-shore QA resources to develop and execute Test Plans, Test Scripts and all other work and activities related to Quality Assurance of the Products.
- You will partner with the Engagement Manager and clients to plan and execute User Acceptance Testing.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications.
- 5+ years of experience working in supporting multiple software projects in various IT roles.
- 3+ years of Product Owner, Business Analyst or System Analysis experience.
- 2+ years of Quality Assurance experience, with demonstrated ability in applying repeatable quality assurance processes and methods to enterprise wide technology projects or initiatives. Experience with test plan creation, automated test scripting, and load/stress testing.
- In-depth knowledge of software development lifecycles including Agile development and testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, organization, analytical, planning and leadership skills.
- Strong management, communication, technical and remote collaboration skills.
- Excellent team collaboration skills, to include experience in dealing with multiple projects and multi-functional teams, and ability to coordinate across teams in a large matrix organization environment.
- Strong relationship building and maintaining skills. Fosters a climate conducive to establishing positive working relationships with clients (internal and external).
- Experience working with Agile scrum and Scaled Agile Framework methodologies.
- If not in the local Hermitage/Nashville area, travel up to 5% (While 5% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) is a plus.
- Familiarity with SharePoint, MS Project, TFS/VSTS, Automated QA and wire-framing or visualization tools is a plus.