The Large Law Firm Account Executive is responsible for growing the existing Aderant account base and acquiring new accounts within their area of responsibility. This Account Executive will be working on a full portfolio of Aderant products, such as: Expert, iTimekeep and BillBlast.
Aderant is a software house providing business management software for legal firms. Our talented and enthusiastic staff mean that we have become a trusted partner to firms of all sizes, from boutique firms based in one office, to global organizations spanning four continents. While our legacy has been providing on-premises software, we’re also embracing the opportunities presented by cloud services and taking advantage of them.
The Account Executive position is field based, requiring excellent face-to-face, telephone, and writing skills. Their territory consists primarily of law firms with over 50 attorneys. The successful Account Executive draws on their high level of initiative and ability to apply strong business acumen to conduct a thorough needs analysis within their accounts and develop relationships with senior leaders within each firm. The successful AE develops trust by demonstrating their credibility with all account stakeholders through knowledge of Aderant’s products and services.
- Demonstrates professional qualities and demeanor that commands attention and respect from large law firms.
- Networks and partners with prospects and customers both over the phone and in person in order to build confidence and develop win/win solutions.
- Proactively stays on top of additional sales opportunities while navigating through customer organizations, while balancing frequency of contact with potential for new sales.
- Possesses strong ability to create sales approaches and solutions; tries different and novel ways to deal with customer challenges and opportunities; while working with an extended internal team, takes courses of action or develops client solutions that appropriately consider available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances, and probable consequences.
- Builds credibility by working as a strong team player and through powerful formal presentations. Uses appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with prospects, customers, and internal partners; interacts with others in a way that promotes openness and trust while giving them confidence in one's intentions.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills by effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Exhibits a deep knowledge of Aderant offerings; relishes ongoing, self-initiated learning, assimilates new information quickly, welcomes feedback and applies knowledge to practical use on the job.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business with a concentration in Finance, Marketing, Sales Management, or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- 5+ years of experience selling at the C-level or to business owners.
- Proven sales quota attainment track record.
- Proven new business development skills.
- Outstanding presentation, facilitation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Outstanding customer-focused Account Management skills.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, and organizational skills.
Our purpose is to help law firms excel and to improve people’s lives. Our commitment to each other is to foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and personal growth where challenging the norm is celebrated.
Culture unites and defines our global company. We encourage our diverse workforce to bring their whole selves to work – ideas, experience, and passion to drive our business forward. From entry level to experienced professional, our environment supports connection, the human kind.
Job Type: Full-time