Podium is a suite of messaging tools for local business. Using our platform, businesses of all sizes can connect with customers via text to do things like request payments, collect reviews, and sell products, in a modern, convenient way. Our work streamlining this process for local businesses has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product. Podium has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and work to be a little better every day. In our work together we embody our values: Be a founder, Murder drama, and Enjoy the ride.
The Senior Business Development Manager - Marketplace will accelerate the growth of the Podium Marketplace. In this role, you will be responsible for increasing selection, managing listings, driving traffic, creating a best-in-class customer experience that optimizes conversion, and improving the process to service leads and fulfill requested products. You will work closely with other teams at Podium including Marketing, Product, Onboarding, Sales, and Business Development to drive alignment and execute initiatives.
What you will be doing:
- Drive the short and long-term vision, strategy, and roadmap of the Podium Marketplace.
- Optimize conversion by improving merchandising, promotion, and the visitor experience.
- Work with Product Managers to prioritize Marketplace development projects
- Own the Marketplace monetization strategy and execution.
- Increase awareness and traffic by executing marketing and PR initiatives.
- Manage procurement and use of 3rd-party platforms that are needed to operate the Marketplace.
- Increase selection by defining and managing processes necessary to create and approve new listings/offerings.
- Create processes to service leads, optimize lead flow and distribute leads to partners.
- Train and enable the Podium sales and customer success teams on Marketplace.
- Coordinate with internal teams to enable a self-service installation of integrations and apps.
- Enable and leverage analytics to measure KPI’s and drive ROI.
What you should have:
- 3 - 6 years experience in Business Development, Partnerships, Product, or Marketing at software or SaaS companies.
- Direct experience leading App Stores or Marketplaces at high-growth companies is ideal.
- MBA from a top-tier school is preferred. Bachelor's degree required.
- Track record of successfully launching and growing new businesses and services.
- Expertise developing business cases, financial models, and familiarity with legal agreements.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Ability to manage cross-functional projects and multitask with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong internal and external communication abilities, and interpersonal skills.
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements.
- Transparent culture
- Work in this building in Lehi, UT
- Great opportunities for career growth
- A stellar onsite gym with local professional coaches, morning and night classes offered
- Weekly free lunch, breakfast and smoothies
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.