Account Executive for Sales Team
The primary function of this role is to sell home warranty products and services by promoting Old Republic
Home Protection to the real estate industry within a defined territory.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Maintain current sales activity while developing new business and relationships by being visible and interactive in the field within the defined territory an average of four full days/week. Sales activities include working to enhance Old Republic’s positive reputation in the marketplace.
2. Travel by operating an automobile throughout assigned territory utilizing a structured routing method to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit applications; interacting with real estate related personnel in person (or by telephone, if necessary), responding to sales related inquiries as appropriate. Initiate contact with real estate agents; effectively display and replenish supply of company warranty information during visits to real estate offices.
3. Maintain thorough knowledge of Company products and services, policies and procedures; keep upto-date on changes in Company products and coverage as well as competition's products and coverage.
4. Meet budget expectations by utilizing knowledge of Company products and services and building rapport with the real estate community. Facilitate the placement of warranty orders for real estate agents and track warranty application status through close of sale.
5. Track account activity for each real estate office to maximize results in accordance with established company procedures. Record territory information to maximize sales efficiency; i.e., sales route planning and organization, organizing sales materials, report tracking, and follow-up activity as needed.
6. Build business relationships with members of real estate community through one-on-one and group presentations, etc.
7. Perform effective presentations about products and services to brokers and real estate agents in one-on-one meetings and group settings.
8. Actively participate in local Real Estate Board activities, attending marketing meetings and other Board functions and events, including individual real estate company functions, ensuring activity yields sales results. Network and follow up on leads obtained through events and referrals to maximize relationship building, and subsequently, sales opportunities.
9. Be competent in understanding and promoting ORHP approved ancillary products and services as a value add to the real estate community. Support changes to coverage, pricing, or other cost control measures.
10. Ensure increased sales results from expenditures of sponsored events, service concessions, promotion of value added vendor services, and key accounts. Maintain sales expenses in line with sales results.
11. Manage and minimize administrative time to maximize interactive sales efforts.
12. Act as liaison between real estate agents and the Sales Service Department in the case of service related concerns. Be a role model in all interactions with both external and internal personnel.
13. Attend all regularly scheduled regional and national sales meetings, team calls, and coaching appointments.
14. Arrive to appointments and scheduled meetings on time and prepared.
15. Alert management to competitors’ public substantive activities, new Plan offerings, etc. in order to help keep management apprised of the competition and their possible sales strategies.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE & KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
1. Perform all duties specified.
2. Complete goals set in regular evaluation and goal setting sessions.
3. Accuracy and timeliness of essential job duties.
4. Adherence to schedule. Arriving on time and being prepared to work.
5. Ability to follow company standards and instructions from management.
6. Courteous and professional manner with internal and external customers.
7. Complete special assignments on time and as instructed.
8. Grow 20 closings/month over prior year’s closings until production is commensurate with compensation.
9. Demonstration of effective and independent work effort, using resources, sales skills, product and competitive knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of the home warranty industry is desirable.
2. Self-motivated, creative, and able to work independently.
3. Competitive spirit, enthusiasm, and confidence to ask for the business.
4. Excellent work ethic, honesty and integrity.
5. A proven track record of sales success with strong closing skills.
6. Strong verbal, persuasion, and interpersonal skills; presentation skills.
7. Strong interactive sales skills including probing, demonstrating client solutions, overcoming objections, and closing the sale.
8. Ability to communicate effectively one on one and maintain composure under stressful and/or possibly agitating situations.
9. Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage time to meet desired production quotas and maximize time in the sales field.
10. Ability to travel by operating an automobile to meet the requirements of position.
11. Ability to efficiently operate various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, facsimile machine, and telephone systems.
12. Knowledge of and skill in using computer software, email programs, voicemail systems, and mobile technology.
13. Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
Desired Education and Experience
1. High School education or equivalent required; college degree.
2. Minimum of 1 to 3 years outside sales experience, including cold-calling as a method of business development, supported with verifiable success examples, preferably in a real estate related business.
3. Real estate experience is a plus.
4. Public speaking experience.
RELATED ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must reside within 10 miles, or no more than a regular commute of 30 minutes, of the designated territory. Any exceptions to this requires approval from the SVP, Sales and Marketing.
2. This is a route based sales and territory management position which requires field work at 8+ hours per day, at least four days a week in the field.
3. Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary; attend business-related activities; have access to a computer with Internet access; wear clean, neat business professional attire.
5. Ability to travel, including overnight stays, room sharing, and air travel, upon occasion.
6. Provide driving record from State Department of Motor Vehicles upon request. Must maintain driving privileges.
7. Provide a declaration of coverage to Corporate as proof of Company being listed as an "Additional Named Insured" on employee's personal automobile insurance policy meeting minimum Company requirements of coverage: $250,000 (bodily injury per person); $500,000 (bodily injury per accident); and $50,000 (property damage).
RELATED NON-ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Access to a fax machine.
2. Use of social media for networking purposes.
3. Assist with mentoring and training of new hire Account Executives as requested, with a focus on mentoring and training in the field.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Real Estate: 2 years (Preferred)
- Mortgage industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location