Vanda is developing important new medicines to improve the lives of patients. We use new technologies, including genetics and genomics, to inform our drug discovery, our clinical trials, and our commercial positioning of our compounds. We are working to advance the use of novel approaches to deliver these new medicines to patients. Our CEO, Mihael Polymeropoulos, MD, founded Vanda in 2003 in partnership with Care Capital LLC, a prominent biopharmaceuticals-focused investment firm, and Bio*One Capital, an investment arm of the Singapore government with a focus on new biomedical enterprises.
Highly Clinical. Dynamic. Goal-oriented. Self-motivated. Impactful. Do you fit the bill?
Vanda Pharmaceuticals is seeking a patient centric and tactical sales professional with excellent communication skills who can multitask and has the ability to navigate complex markets and organizations. If you have a proven track record of impressive results, and are highly clinical, customer-focused, and can read the room to pivot and sell effectively, you may thrive as our Neuroscience Specialty Sales Representative.
As a Neuroscience Specialty Sales Representative, you will:
- Execute and promote products in alignment to sales strategy in the assigned territory.
- Frequent collaboration with the District Sales Manager to respond to their day-to-day sales and strategy direction related to product promotion activities.
- Analyze local market, develop, execute and monitor performance and results to maximize the appropriate use of the product in defined territory.
- Maintain a high and current level of product, disease, competitive and market reimbursement knowledge.
- Determine, implement and monitor optimal resource (i.e. Budgets, time, etc.) allocation within assigned territory.
- Effectively and persuasively communicate using advance selling and negotiation skills, relevant information to identified target audiences.
- Identify, build and leverage advocacy channels.
- Secure product access and reimbursement within institutional systems as needed.
- Manage travel and promotional budget.
- Fulfill all monitoring and reporting requirements including expenses and call reporting using approved systems and processes.
- Maintain full compliance to all laws, regulations and Vanda Policies.
Along with a results-oriented mindset, self-assurance and an engaging manner, the ideal candidate has:
- BS/BA degree required
- Minimum 3 years of pharmaceutical sales experience preferred
- Atypical anti-psychotic experience and/or orphan drug experience preferred
- Preferred specialty experience in psychiatry, bipolar, depression, CNS or pain management will be considered
- Reimbursement experience preferred
- Strong relationships and knowledge of the territory preferred
- Ability to travel (may include overnights)
- Must reside within territory geography
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift