- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in software sales, marketing, communications, or account management at a business-to-business software company, or public sector engagement at a company.
- Experience with communications, go-to-market activities, marketing, operating dynamics, business customs, politics, and technology policies of public sector entities.
- 10 years of experience in digital transformation, innovation, marketing and communications, and sales enablement with public sector organizations.
- Experience building compelling narratives, onboarding, and maximizing partners in complex implementation projects.
- Experience working directly with customer advocates, customer communities, and/or customer advisory boards.
- Experience with product and solution development, and launch.
- Knowledge of communications, procurement, acquisition, legal, compliance, and/or regulatory matters in the public sector.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to understand the market landscape and build business narratives for new solutions that differentiate Google in the market.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Strategic Business Executive (SBE), you'll lead the go-to-market expansion of our solutions into the Public Sector markets. You'll represent Google’s vision for digital transformation of the public sector. You'll manage promoting our public sector solutions and help those solutions come alive in our go-to-market strategies, customer communities, and other activities. You'll act as a trusted advisor and business partner to our SBEs, partnering with sales leaders and public sector marketing team to position the best solutions for their market and drive awareness and enthusiasm of our customers and potential customers.
You'll ensure that Google Cloud’s public sector solutions are well communicated and that the relevant information, point of view, and messaging is available to our field teams and the public sector community customers they serve. You'll also create opportunities for sharing of information and insights between customers, SBEs, other parts of Google Cloud, and Google more broadly.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Serve as the link between the SBE team and the Public Sector connect community, ensuring that the solutions developed by SBEs are accessible in the community platform.
- Support the SBE team by strengthening the connections with the marketing, sales enablement, and other go-to-market teams and resources.
- Support vertical enablement, market activation, and partner activation including the support and creation of dynamic messaging collateral.
- Lead go-to-market propositions in the public sector. Work with sales, solutions, product, engineering, marketing, and policy teams to produce a focused set of solution collateral that meets a pressing mission need.
- Develop and promote original perspectives on public sector digital transformation that highlights Google innovation.