DealMaker is a fast-growing fintech revolutionizing the capital market ecosystem across North America and globally. Our vision is to make the capital markets better for everyone. We do this by delivering speed, innovation and efficiency through our unique proprietary technology products supporting companies, investors, lawyers and investment banks on their quest for capital.
About the role
We are looking for a driven and ambitious sales person to join our team as the Company enters into its next phase of growth. This is an opportunity to join a high growth startup on the ground floor which means the successful applicant will have a direct impact on shaping the future of both the Company and the department.
DealMaker is a fast-paced, quality-oriented environment, dedicated to exceeding users expectations. At DealMaker, results matter - and your success will have widespread and lasting impact.
Reporting directly to the VP, Sales and Marketing, the Head of Partnerships is a key sales resource for the company and you will play a major role in growing a primary revenue line for DealMaker. The ideal candidate for this role is an ambitious and self-motivated person who can build relationships, effectively manage sales cycles with referral partners and prospective clients and position DealMaker’s products as the optimal solution.
- Lead sales and revenue generation for DealMaker’s primary product line
- Help to shape the product’s development, working closely with the product team, the VP Sales and Marketing and the Co-Founders
- Manage and grow a network of referral partners to generate warm leads
- Provide monthly reporting to partners in support of the partnership
- Prospect and manage the full sales cycle from initial contact to demo and close
- Work closely with the Account Management team and CS to ensure seamless client onboarding and service
- Work with the VP, Sales and Marketing to build strategy and roadmap to grow the business line, capture new opportunities and enter new markets
- Lead clients through their launch and speak confidently about partners and planning, especially marketing their raise
- 5+ years of experience in partner driven sales and a track record of exceeding quota
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing a network of partners to source leads as well as prospecting and generating your own leads
- Software sales experience, capital markets experience is an asset
- A pre-existing network of potential partners is an asset
- Consultative seller with strong networking, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong demo skills with the ability to drive to value and not just review features
- Experience selling to and closing deals with C-suite executives and managing complex sales processes
- Experience working in a growing start-up environment strongly preferred
- Experience with Hubspot is an asset
You are Someone with:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility and the ability to prioritize and work simultaneously on a wide range of tasks and projects with quick turnaround time
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills; you think and act like an owner
- Commitment to developing strong relationships with internal and external parties
- Someone who is passionate about what they do. Like us.
- Well funded, backed by over 20 years of Canadian and US industry experience
- Competitive compensation with opportunity to earn into equity
- Fast-paced environment, with a collaborative and innovative culture that champions learning
- Growing and rapidly evolving organization
- Collaborative, team-based environment
- Strong support from leadership
1. We review every resume
2. We contact selected candidates for a 15 minute screening interview with the hiring manager
3. Passing Candidates will meet with the Hiring Manager and another senior team member for 45 minutes
4. Passing candidates will complete a brief “case” exercise
5. We conduct a second interview with senior leadership to make sure you're the right fit for our team.
6. Reference Checks are completed
7. You're Hired!
If the idea of disrupting the capital markets excites you and you are looking for an active growth company where you can think, learn and challenge yourself everyday to be better, then DealMaker is right for you. This is not a sit back and punch the clock job. The democratization of capital is upon us. Come revolutionize the global capital markets with us.
LOCATED during COVID, remote with an option to work at King and Bathurst in downtown Toronto we are also open to hiring in the US. Learn more about the product at DealMaker.tech
Job Type: Full-time