- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, And Vision Insurance
- Acadia 401K Plan with match
- Professional Growth
- Paid Holiday, Personal Time, Sick time
- Collaborate closely with hospital discharge planners, social workers, case managers, physicians and management, as well as provide education staff to generate referral sources.
- Work collaboratively with all levels of facility and division sales leadership to support the organizations mission and revenue goals by selling of service line attributes, processes and outcomes to consumer, physician and market facility groups/individuals.
- Work closely with hospital discharge planners, social workers, case managers, physicians, management, inpatient unit and education staff to generate referral sources.
- Collaborate with facility and division leaders, to evaluate, analyze and interpret market utilization data for facility service lines.
- Build strong collaborative relationship with admissions/intake.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive internal and external marketing plan that would increase revenues and profits for facility.
- Ensure that referral priorities are identified and in line with the vision and strategic goals of the organization.
- Expeditiously document all activity in company Customer Relationship Manager (Salesforce).
- Evaluate, analyze and interpret market demographics, including population, age, gender, race and projected trends for patient populations.
- Collaborate with division and/or market physician services, facility leaders and medical staff leadership to develop sales and retention strategies for facility services.
- Execute referrals and retention strategies/plans effectively, continuously modifying strategies and plans to ensure quality outcomes and results for referral sources and facility.
- Successfully close new referral sources and complete face-to-face meetings with referral sources ensuring a thorough understanding of services available. Complete follow-up meetings with referral sources as needed.
- Prepare and present regular reports, identifying trends, additional referral opportunities and obstacles to retention and growth.
- Provide staff management to include hiring, development, training, performance management and communication to ensure effective and efficient department operation.
- 5 year(s): 5 or more years of experience in the Healthcare setting required, behavioral health preferred.
- Bachelors or better in Business or related field
- Masters or better in Marketing or related field
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Drivers License
- Computer - Word
- Computer - Powerpoint
- Attention to Detail
- Safety Minded
- Customer Focus
- Oral Communication
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor???s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)