The Account Specialist position reports directly to a member of the sales leadership team, and will maintain exceptional customer relationships through regular interactions (voice, e-mail, chat & face-to-face) to identify needs, manage customer expectations and provide regular updates on order status. This individual will be responsible for reviewing contract business by analyzing pricing as well as inventory. This individual must have strong analytical background (and nature), be proficient in Excel and problem solving. It's pertinent that this individual takes on an intuitive approach while maintaining a rational decision making process. The position will also be responsible for fostering new customer relationships and increasing the company’s penetration of target markets and geographies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. Other duties may be assigned.
- Build customer relationships and sell company products, manage customer expectations and provide regular updates on order status.
- Sells products and value added services to new and existing customers to achieve assigned individual quotas and overall team metrics including working proactively with Management, Marketing and Business Development to foster new relationships in target markets or geographies (domestically and internationally). This Includes working collaboratively with Marketing group to qualify and close sales leads that have been generated by phone calls, e-mails, faxes and web inquiries. The position is also responsible for contacting and reactivating dormant customers.
- Analysis of customer and market trends to determine strategies and related actions. Includes the formatting and dissemination of sales intelligence into reports and communications for team and managemen
- The planning, preparation and execution of sales calls (face-to-face or electronic) with existing or potential customers in specific geographies.
- Represent UPM at trade meetings and events.
- Coordinate company resources to create positive customer experiences and increase retention.
- Utilizes company’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems to:
o Enter orders, quotes and proposals
o Reserve and allocate material
o Manage and expedite orders through the fulfillment process
o Enter customer notes and important contact data
Our employees also enjoy our great benefits! See the list below of all the awesome aspects of UPM:
- Quarterly Bonus Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401K Match
- Individualized Career Development Plans
$25 - $30 / hr