Job Title:Manager, Sales Engineering
As the Sales Engineering Manager, you will oversee a team of Sales Engineers and your goal will be to build out the team, guaranteeing that you and your team meet and/or exceed your given sales quota.
- Lead the Sales Engineering team in following sales methodology and best practices, as well as ensuring proper use of CRM system
- Provide ongoing mentorship to SEs to teach technical and non-technical pre-sales techniques for securing new clients, managing customers, and account expansion to support upsell
- Conduct reviews of technical capabilities to ensure SEs reach and maintain required technical knowledge and to effectively perform their pre-sales duties
- Provide periodic performance reviews, handle personal issues, competitive losses/wins, and personal/professional developmental opportunities.
- Assess skill sets and provide ongoing coaching and feedback to team members in order to meet objectives, reinforce sales methodologies, and provide guidance on career path direction.
- Support SR/SE teams with their sales campaigns and customer management activities in order to ensure high rate of success and achieve revenue targets, by assessing customer information, identify and address problem areas, formulate relevant solutions, and present solutions effectively.
- Deliver sales presentations, present technical information about Varonis’ products and services, and conduct product demonstrations
- Collaborate with Sales management to identify opportunities to improve upon and standardize best practices in SE/SR relationship
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a four-year College or Technical School AND 3-5 years of experience in a customer facing role OR equivalent combination or education and experience.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in presentations in person, via telephone, and through remote conferencing with executive level customers, direct reports, and the Varonis Leadership Team
- Ability to teach ways to identify new and existing opportunities through basic consultative selling methodology
- Proven self-starter with a motivated attitude to be able to manage multiple tasks, projects, and responsibilities simultaneously
- Goal driven with the ability to train sales people, to close sales effectively
- Ideally a history of successfully leading a team that drives target attainment
- Must be able to lead a team and meet monthly, quarterly, and annual quota requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a pleasant and professional attitude towards customers and co-workers
- Analytical: Collects and researches data; designs workflows and procedures; identifies data relationships and dependencies; synthesizes complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses as well as those of direct reports; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Sense of Urgency: Displays a matter of utmost urgency; understands the importance of making critical business decision in a timely manner with strong attention to detail; realization that efficiency and prioritization is critical to success.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; meets commitments; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Written Communications: Edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; varies writing style to meet needs; writes clearly and informatively.
- Oral Communication: Demonstrates group presentation skills; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; speaks clearly and persuasively.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
We invite you to check out our Instagram Page to gain further insight into the Varonis culture!
Varonis is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Varonis is a world-class organization with a straightforward mission: protecting vulnerable data.
Did you know that on average, 20% of an organization's data is accessible to every employee? Seventy percent of attacks take months or years to discover. But not for our customers. At Varonis, we see the world of cybersecurity differently.
Our customers always know where their most valuable data is – on premises or in the cloud. Only the right people have access to only the right data. With real-time awareness of how employees use data, our clients flag and stop malicious behavior in its tracks.
We’re fighting a different battle than conventional cybersecurity companies, relentlessly focused on securing data. Data assets are the most valuable – and vulnerable – components of the global economy. Along with employees, data is at the heart of almost every organization, yet conventional cybersecurity solutions, by themselves, have failed to protect it.
Why Join Varonis?
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team in a fast-growing environment with an appreciation of how growth affects the business dynamics, corporate culture and in-place processes and systems.
The individual is responsible for driving software revenue through the effective management, mentoring, and training of a team of Sales Engineers. This role works closely with the region Sales Director(s) to ensure the pre-sales organization is effectively able to support sales in converting opportunities and ensure the region has scale and skill sets to close sales opportunities. This is a player/coach position, therefore it is required that the candidate possess extremely strong technical pre-sales, architecture, and major account management skills. It is expected that a large percentage of time will be focused on major account technical sales campaigns/management.
- Primarily responsible for supporting your team in understanding customer requirements and integrating Varonis solutions into the customers’ environment
- Utilize strong team building skills, customer/partner facing and relationship building skills, paired with listening and questions-based selling skills to help you see the “big picture” and develop innovative solutions with your partners and customers
- Understand that the customer's journey doesn't end at the sale, and truly believe that the job isn't done until we deliver the value promised
- Comfortable communicating professionally with customer and partner executives, and can demonstrate past success leading strategy conversations through remote sessions
- Run sales plays for new offerings and developed collateral for the teams' reuse and distribution to both clients and internal groups
- Developing trust and confidence with prospective customers
- Supporting the sales team to answer technical questions
- Educating prospects on how Varonis can potentially fit into their events ecosystem and provide value
- Partnering with account executives to strategize on how to move key accounts forward in the evaluation process
- Delivering product feedback and new requirements based on your experiences in the field
- BS Computer Science or Engineering equivalent from a four-year College or Technical School AND 3-5 years of experience in a customer facing role OR equivalent combination or education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience, with minimum 1+ years leading Engineering teams and 4+ years Enterprise Sales Engineer experience for a SaaS company
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, while managing multiple accounts and projects simultaneously; you are able to juggle many tasks at the same time, while prioritizing and having a sense of urgency
- Keen analytical and problem solving skills
- Well versed in managing technically challenging conversations and conveying expertise and value to build trusting, lasting relationships
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, to both technical and executive audiences
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory and related Directory services
- Extensive knowledge of Windows and Unix File systems
- Exposure to security hardware and software
- Exposure to Microsoft Exchange preferably in a systems administration role
- MCSE, MCP Microsoft Certifications are preferred