Responsible for marketing, engineering and selling commercial business with general contractors, architects, engineers, and owners. This is an opportunity to develop ongoing relationships with clients that benefit the company and the individual.
Essential Job Functions
- Solicit new customers for commercial projects.
- Account manager for existing customers for commercial projects.
- Actively market Sluss + Padgett through trade associations, seminars, etc.
- Review contract with project managers to make sure it conforms with the proposal.
- Establish annual sales and gross margin targets for calendar year with Management.
- Estimate and budget prospective projects.
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline-oriented.
- Ability to interact effectively with General Contractors, Labor Subcontractors and internal Sluss + Padgett personnel at all levels of the organization.
- General HVAC knowledge to include ability to accurately estimate a project and to be a resource for clients.
- Solid reputation of highest integrity and excellent work ethic.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- At least 2 years of related sales experience is preferred, not required
- Ability to present proposals, discuss adjustments, offer value engineering ideas in an organized, efficient manner.
- Computer skills
- Proficient in using the Internet to research information, as well as MS Outlook; MS Excel and MS Word.