You will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies and experience a true start-up culture with the freedom to experiment and innovate. At Near, we believe that great culture is not just about work; it’s work + life. We not only encourage our employees to dream big, but also give them the freedom and the tools to do so.
Near is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to closely collaborate with internal partners and leadership to enhance our go-to-market strategy and oversee our execution for the entire portfolio of Near’s offerings, including products, services and solutions. This role will work cross-functionally, unifying and motivating peers from different teams (e.g. product management, integrated marketing, communications, field marketing, sales). On our growing marketing team, you will develop the competitive comparison guide for use in positioning against similar offerings from other organizations. It will become your responsibility to provide insight and support to company leadership to inform the identification and development of new offerings (products, solutions or services)
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will have a direct influence on product development through well-defined market requirements. Through this process, you must collaborate with marketing and product management peers and resources to produce relevant content for target buyers. The perfect candidate will be creative and innovative, with the ability to be empathetic to buyers, customers, users and sales resources.
A Day in the Life:
- Define the market opportunity for a product; perform segmentation and targeting exercises that identify the segments with the highest propensity to buy
- Write and socialize the following product-level documents: marketing plan, sales enablement plan, launch plan, solution handbook
- Develop product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonate with the buying audience and produce the source messaging blueprint
- Translate the company’s business objectives, market opportunities and portfolio of offerings into a formal, cohesive go-to-market architecture
- Partner with leaders across the business (e.g. sales, product, solution, industry, services or channel management) to design an aligned set of strategies, tactics and resources that achieve corporate objectives
- Build the go-to-market plan to support and grow the portfolio of offerings, including prioritizing and aligning target audiences, developing effective messaging and building content architecture
- Speak on behalf of the product at external-facing events or venues
- Be a sounding board for ideas and a center of excellence for all matters relating to current and future technologies
- Develop expert knowledge of our products’ global buying audiences and their needs and act as a subject matter expert who transfers knowledge about markets, buyers and product across marketing and sales functions
What you bring to the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or similar field. MBA a plus
- 8+ years professional experience in product marketing, product management, digital marketing, marketing analytics, or similar
- 3+ years professional b-to-b experience preferred
- Effectiveness in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, startup environment.
- Collaborative, able to work across functional teams
- Detail-oriented, well organized, efficient with time management
Near is the world's largest source of intelligence on people and places, processing data from over 1.6 billion monthly users across 44 countries. TheNear Platform powers data-driven marketing and enrichment offerings through a suite of SaaS products. The users of the platform can leverage audience, spatial, retail, among other data in a privacy-led environment.
Founded in 2012, Near is headquartered in Singapore with offices in California, New York, London, Paris, Bangalore, Tokyo, and Sydney. Today, marquee brands such as News Corp work with Near to provide enhanced customer experiences.
Near is backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, JP Morgan Private Equity Group, Cisco Investments, Telstra Ventures, and Greater Pacific Capital. Visit www.near.co to find out more.