Here is an opportunity to join a team of talented and driven professionals working on technology solutions that help agriculture and food production. Ecoation has designed and developed an AI robotics platform that evaluates crop health in commercial greenhouses internationally, eliminating the need for mass chemical pesticide usage. With exciting products hitting the market in the coming months, we are looking for candidates who are passionate about high technology, food, innovation, and sustainability. Ecoation is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our team. This customer-centric role will focus on solving hard problems alongside the Customer Success, and Engineering teams.
We support our customers completely, we accomplish great things as a team, we are passionate about enabling a cleaner future for everyone, we act like owners, diversity in all that we do is our strength, success comes because we are great learners, we are persistent and forthright and realistic, and our optimistic nature allows us to take on any challenge.
In this role, you will:
- Own the Customer Success Service Desk and monitor for issues raised by the team
- Engage with Customer Success and Field Operations representatives to obtain a clear understanding of the issue as necessary
- Triage the issues to determine if the cause is HW or software
- Investigate to identify the root cause and resolve the issue
- Where necessary, escalate issues to level III operations support and follow-up to ensure adherence to service standards
- Work with level I support (Customer Success and Field Operations) and provide guidance on the implementation of remedial measures
- Create and improve customer and Level 1 support documentation.
- Work with manufacturing team on RMAs where necessary
- Own the customer service process: refine and maintain existing customer support procedures, create and implement necessary tools for their implementation
- Ensure issues resolution respects prescribed service standards
- Track and analyze issues and their nature and trends, and prepare reports for senior management
- Provide feedback to technical development and operations groups to support the resolution of systemic issues
- Support the international expansion of the Customer Service team: train, guide and work with Customer Service teams in geographies outside of Canada and North America more broadly
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to work in Canada
- The team-oriented player with demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure
- Good listening and people skills
- Ability to empathize with end-user needs and experience
- A passion for customer service and product quality
- An understanding of agriculture/horticulture is considered an asset
- Ability to work on multiple issues with competing deadlines at the same time
- 2+ years of experience in a Technical Support Engineer role, Software Development Engineer or Software Developer in test.
- Meticulous and thorough attention to detail
- Experience working with the Atlassian product suite, especially Jira and Confluence
- Experience working with ERM systems, knowledge of Odoo considered an asset
- Bachelor's Degree in Computing Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field
- Strong programming/scripting in test automation domain (Python, JS, C/C++)
- Experience with at least one script automation framework
- Working knowledge of AWS cloud services
- Working knowledge of computer, device, internet networking
- Experience with source control tools (Git)
- Experience with relational and non-relational database systems
What we Offer at Ecoation
- An opportunity to work in a growing company pioneering the agricultural tech industry
- Competitive salary, benefits, and a very accommodative vacation policy
- An environment where you can learn and grow your talent to its fullest potential
- Join a team of talented individuals who are passionate about food and making a better future
Ecoation is an equal opportunity employer.