WHO ARE WE?
Progressive Automations is a Canadian engineering company who is a leader in the motion-control industry and specializes in electric linear actuators. We also have a sister brand, Progressive Desk, that uses the same technology in our range of electric standing desks.
Our creative, energetic and innovative team has the experience of working together with different customers, from automation enthusiasts, hobbyists to large scale partners. We are constantly developing our skills and knowledge of the industry while we also make sure to have a bit of fun in life!
WHAT'S THE JOB?
The SDR (Sales Development Representative) Team Lead plays a critical role in growing our business. The primary focus of this position is running outbound campaigns focused predominantly on prospecting, cold calling, qualifying, and developing leads into sales opportunities.
The successful candidate will lead, coach, and grow a team of SDRs. The SDR Team is responsible for finding, contacting, and qualifying prospects and some basic, preliminary product engineering to get the lead ready for the closing team.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Our ideal candidate is an ambitious, energetic, self-motivated team player with high social intelligence and a natural inclination to win. They are very driven and can show evidence that they thrive in a competitive, merit-based environment and ideally have a solid engineering background.
Lead a team of SDRs that are responsible for prospecting to deliver qualified leads to the sales team. The SDR Team Lead will be very organized, accountable for the team’s success and take responsibility for continuous coaching, and training of the team. The team lead will align SDR goals and activities with our Go To Market plans to ensure the company achieves growth targets. This role works closely with the sales and marketing teams to maximize pipeline creation and reports to the Sales Director.
- Perform SDR responsibilities as lead SDR
- Recruit, hire, onboard, train, and manage SDRs – grow the team with support from Sales Director and HR Manager
- Train and help out SDRs on product and engineering questions
- Motivate SDRs to exceed goals through coaching and incentives
- Monitor and refine lead processes; ensure SDR team is updating Hubspot
- Work with sales to optimize pipeline creation and efficient lead handoff
- Identify target accounts and prospects and then effectively pitch Progressive Automations Products to qualified prospects
- Analyze data to identify trends and shortcomings and communicate to Sales Director
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Two to three years at a Business-to-Business organization in a sales related role
- Excellent customer-facing skills using written or verbal communication
- Experience in utilizing and managing Hubspot & Linkedin Sales Navigator as well as other sales enablement tools
- Highly organized around metrics and able to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated to generate pipeline
- Results driven and able to work through rejection
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities effectively and efficiently
- Proven success as a sales professional with an ability to lead the SDR team by example
- Passion for training, motivating, and coaching in a fast-growth environment
- Superior written and verbal communication skill Excellent time management and organization skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Background or degree in electrical or Mechanical Engineering is required, equivalent work experience will be considered
- Related BA/BS degree is preferred
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive base pay with uncapped commission based on SDR Team Revenue
- Ergonomic work environment with sit-stand desk
- Fun, young, and energetic team with team building events and paid lunches
- Opportunities for career advancement within a rapidly growing automations company
- In-depth training and coaching with ongoing skills training provided
If this role sounds like a fit for you, than we want to hear from you! Please apply with your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those qualifying for an interview will be contacted.
Please visit our website at www.progressiveautomations.com to learn more about us!
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Do you have a background or degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- B2B sales: 2 years (preferred)
- Account management: 2 years (preferred)