The Sales Account Executive (Packaging) is accountable for managing a portfolio of active accounts and hunting down new business. He/she is charged with selling Shorr Packaging solutions (products, systems, and services) to small and large corporate accounts within the assigned region. The Sales Account Executive’s success is measured based on his/her ability to meet individual revenue targets and maintaining indispensable, long-term and solution-focused consultative partnerships. You will lead/manage the development of proposals for potential clients including deliverables, pricing, etc.
Inherent with these responsibilities, the Account Executive will personally consult with and maintain key relationships with internal and external partners.
Client Management and Value: Understand economics of Shorr Packaging and our customers to effectively manage projects and relationships, often through collaboration with a wide array of cross-functional partners. Is accountable and tracks performance to goals on a regular basis.
Sales Strategy Development: Identifies accounts and opportunities to go after considering size, probability of closing, effort and other factors. Uses a systematic approach to generate multiple alternatives, and making comparisons of potential solutions before taking action.
Aggressiveness/Assertiveness: Demonstrates a sense of urgency in addressing customers’ inquires, securing internal partnership(s) when needed and closing sales. Ability to reach the decision makers and is not deterred by rejection. Assertive and competitive, with a higher propensity to control interactions, events, and outcomes.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding revenue goals
- Sales experience in Packaging indsutry strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience prospecting, value-added consultative selling skills, and project management.
- An exceptional level of self-motivation, competitiveness, and customer service.
- Strong business acumen.
- Exceptional presentation skills and interpersonal effectiveness.
- A strong work ethic and a commitment to exceed financial and professional goals.
- A “hunter” mentality with an insatiable desire to win.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Ability to position Shorr Packaging solutions as a strategic advantage to our customers’ long term needs.
- Sales experience in the industrial industry required. Packaging experience highly preferred.
- Understands system sales with demonstrated experience selling basic systems independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office solutions including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Effective communication skills.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent.
Shorr Packaging has experienced significant growth and unparalleled customer service year after year. The company has provided business solutions through quality packaging systems, products, and technical service for more than 90 years. As an employee owned company since 1984, every member of the Shorr Packaging team is committed to the company's success. Today, Shorr has employee owners in eight branch locations across the U.S. and represent premier manufacturers like 3M, Sealed Air, and Lantech.
The solution to our success is our people, both our customers and our employee owners.
Shorr Packaging Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides employee owners with excellent compensation, 401K, employee stock (ESOP), medical, dental, life, and more.
Your opportunity to prosper professionally and financially is limitless!