Headquartered in Taylor, Mich., Atlas Oil is the inaugural Simon Group Holdings company. Since our founding in 1985, Atlas has grown through technological and operational innovation, all while maintaining our unwavering commitment to customer success. Atlas offers single-source solutions for fuel, transportation and logistics and is one of the largest fuel distributors in the country, delivering over 1 billion gallons of fuel annually to customers in 47 states. We have an active real estate division and are engaged in transportation logistics and fueling including bulk, fleet, event, onsite, emergency response, and oil field services.
Please go to www.atlasoil.com/careers to apply online
For more information please call 313-662-3695
- Complies with all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Company policies, procedures, and practices, including Safety Rules and Regulations
- Ensures truck is loaded with correct fuels for each drop location
- Delivers products in correct quantities as instructed by Logistics Coordinator
- Completes documentation consisting of Bills of Lading (BOL), Inventory, DVCR s (Pre and Post Trips), Tankwagon Activity Report, Orders, and Fuel Ticket copies. Ensures fuel tickets match orders
- Performs general maintenance on truck during shift, including but not limited to: checking oil and fuel levels. Completes Pre-Trip procedure and ensures spill kit, fire extinguisher, and truck permit paperwork are on/in the truck
- Provides friendly, courteous, and professional service to customers including obtaining and providing information amounts of fuel delivered
- Keeps Logistics Coordinator/Logistics Team Leaders informed of any potential customer issues, complaints, spills, leaks, incidents, accidents or injuries
- Completes work as assigned by Logistics Coordinators. Completes route as assigned in an efficient and safe manner
- Informs Maintenance of any vehicle problem/s
- Ensures truck and cab are cleaned daily
- Informs Logistics Coordinator and Logistics Team Leader immediately of any DOT fines, citations, or other relevant issues
- Supplemental Job Functions to Include:
- Attends monthly Tankwagon Driver Meetings
- Identifies potential sales leads via route/customer communications
- Records locations of tanks through communication with customers and/or visual contact
- Other related duties as required
- Possess a CDL Class B license, with hazmat and tank endorsement and DOT medical card
- Minimum of one (1) year experience driving large truck with at least 3 months verifiable tank wagon driving experience
- Physically capable of using equipment to load and unload transport tankwagons, including pulling hoses and climbing onto equipment, up to 12 feet above ground
- Physically capable to participate in heavy lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, carrying hoses/nuzzles weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Experienced driving in snow, ice, and other hazardous weather conditions and roadside stops, construction sites and quarries
- Acceptable driving record with no major convictions within the last three (3) years. No more than three (3) minor convictions in the last three (3) years and no more than six (6) points on driving record
- Provide at least three (3) current job references
- Able to withstand exposure to dust, fumes, and high noise levels
- Able to communicate effectively in order to take instructions from Logistics Coordinator/s, Logistics Team Leaders, co-workers, and customers.
- Must be competent at basic math to verify quantities and volumes.
- Must be able to read and understand road signs, instructions, routes and other paperwork
- Demonstrate patience during load/wait times/traffic
- Pass a pre-employment DOT physical and drug screen test
- Ability to operate transport trucks is preferred
- Primarily outside work, driving large fuel vehicle
- Able to drive for long periods of time
- Physically challenging position with climbing on/off truck and fueling
- Frequent stress related work due to transportation delivery logistics and responding to customer issues/concerns
- May be required to work alternative shift, long hours, or on weekends and work additional assigned loads in compliance with DOT regulations
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
"To apply, please email your resume to: [email protected]"