Hoosier Logistics is a fast-growing, third-party logistics provider that produces expert transportation services and supply-chain management solutions for our customers. We are a dynamic, technology-driven company focused on results for our customers while rewarding our team members for their customer service results. Our future is bright, and we are eager to attract the best. Apply today and join the team!
Be a part of our growth.
Hoosier Logistics is seeking to fill open opportunities for Carrier Sales Representatives located at our office in downtown Indianapolis, IN.
Why work for us?
- Brand new office space in a great location!
- Unlimited commission opportunity!
- Professional learning opportunities with focused training
- This position is a fast track to our Account Management roles!
- Fun, competitive team culture with people who love their job!
- Corporate events
- Free downtown parking
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Holiday pay and Paid Time Off
- 401k Program
Job Title: Carrier Sales Representative
Reports to: Team Lead/Director of Operations
Primarily responsible for sourcing, securing and managing the transportation needs for new and existing Hoosier carriers while maintaining the highest levels of customer service. This includes managing a freight portfolio from pickup to delivery, providing and negotiating freight rates, building carrier relationships and selling modal solutions that Hoosier has to offer. Consistently adding dedicated carriers and growing current carrier base is an essential function of Carrier Sales. This person should be knowledgeable of the industry, highly motivated, urgency driven and have superior communication skills to succeed at this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize business development skills to identify, qualify and develop relationships with prospective carriers and independently build carrier relationships.
- Leveraging our technology platform along with other data sources to source carrier services.
- As primary contact for your carriers, you will be responsible for managing the relationship between the carrier and Hoosier. You will need to provide excellent customer service skills when communication through phone, email and in-person.
- Maintain constant contact with carriers (average 100+ touch points/day) to prospect and secure additional capacity into existing book of business.
- Develop potential strategic carrier following for dedicated business. Collaborate with team on carrier procurement details to ensure most effective solutions for our customers and carrier partners.
- Manage performance expectations through carrier scorecard metrics.
- Ensure accurate data capture, data integrity and system entry in all carrier related functions.
- Effectively utilize data and problem-solving skills to proactively resolve carrier issues.
- Monitor and track all loads to ensure details are accurately communicated and proactively identify potential problems.
- Support other departments as required regarding your carriers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Sales, Marketing, or other related field of Business is preferred.
- Minimum of one year of third-party logistics or brokerage experience preferred. Strong understanding of brokerage operations, trucking operations and geographic freight markets is essential.
- Experience with McLeod TMS a plus.
- Strong teamwork skills, prior demonstration of negotiation skills, and a desire to be part of a larger family-oriented team.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize. Must be detail oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Must embody a strong work ethic and be driven by a competitive, winning desire to succeed.
- Prove self-starter with confidence and high energy level.
- Punctuality and a good work ethic are critical.
Full-time employee, 40-50 hours per week, Monday thru Friday. Must maintain regular attendance and must be present at work to communicate and interact with co-workers.
Company offers a competitive salary with unlimited commissions and a comprehensive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Freight Brokerage: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location