The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
You will be a great fit for this role
- If you have a passion towards Digital Assurance, Quality Engineering, Test Management, Project management principles and looking for Opportunity to directly interact and collaborate with the business Stakeholders which will give you a learning platform to understand and gain the business process acumen on any of the business domains across the business capabilities.
- If you are good at leading and managing the Testing for one or more Projects across various Business Domains and Products and will be the go-to person accountable for the successful completion of business testing in a diverse spectrum of opportunity to work with various teams which will help you to experience the 360 view on the product life cycle management.
VMware is evolving the Testing Practice continuously, and you will be a key part of shaping the future of this Transformation of People, Processes and Tools.
What is primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
As part of Vmware Digital and SaaS transformation journey, All the internal business operations teams are transforming on their process, policies, people, etc with huge number of initiatives/projects implemented year on year.
You will be responsible to address the following challenges
- Formulate a testing strategy.
- Enable all the business operations teams to understand the testing scope, approach, testing process, tools, etc.
- Connect the dots and bring all business operations teams together for the E2E testing.
- Need dedicated focus on planning, coordinating, supporting, and leading all the business users for the successful testing completion.
- Work with cross functional stakeholders to understand overall program scope and its testing implications. Engage & collaborate with business SMEs/users across one or more business functions in Sales, Channels, Pricing, Quoting, Order Management, SaaS, Billing, Fulfillment, Renewals etc.
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work towards completing?
- You will be expected to Lead and manage the testing for critical projects including Roadmaps and ensure the testing are completed successfully meeting the exit Criteria and the business outcome.
- You will be expected bring in industry best testing practices, implement the Test Processes, methodologies, templates, best practices, policies, etc that are in Place and follow them diligently to successfully drive the test management at your end as an individual contributor mostly or, with one or two other Test Leads.
- You will be expected to understand the As-Is and To-Be Process for any given initiative to improve your business acumen and to understand the testing implication.
- You will be expected to build a close relationship with the business stakeholders/Users to be a testing partner for them in all the initiatives.
- You will also be expected to closely work and collaborate with the Project Teams (Product Managers, Product Owners, QA Team, Dev Teams & Other IT Support teams) as part of your test management activities including Planning/Strategizing, Preparation and Execution.
- You are expected to provide effective communications with clear and crisp presentations or status reporting to the project, business, and leadership team
- You will be required to guide and mentor the junior team members and new joinees
- You will be expected to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills especially on the Collaboration, Communication (both Verbal and Written), Problem Solving, Decision Making and Assertiveness.
- Your performance will be evaluated based on your execution outcomes, communication effectiveness, leadership skills, agility, versatility, and feedback.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Participate in discussions and planning on E2E testing across Cross Functional teams
- Work closely with Digital Assurance team to optimize business testing efforts.
- Work flexibly with agility in an Agile delivery testing methodology
- Own the responsibility of managing, running, and reporting on all aspects of business testing on projects under the Business Operations track for the program.
- Coordination and collaboration with multiple teams to plan for various aspects related to testing planning, readiness, and test execution e.g., testing strategy, testing scope, test management, data management, business testers, testing environments, applications, access, etc.
- Understand the product/Domain E2E business process and capabilities Such as SFDC, SaaS, Demand to Quote, order to fulfilment, Invoice to Cash, etc.
- Identify the testing scope, impacted business teams, testing approach.
- Hosting and running meetings with stakeholders and project team for them to review the scope, plan, scripts, solution demo, etc.
- Proactive communication to leadership on highlighting Accomplishments, Challenges, Risks with Mitigation Plans etc.
- Work with business teams and project teams from different Geo’s.
- Work with team to review quality, accuracy, and applicability of test scripts to business testing.
- Manage testing by setting daily testing goals, running meetings on testing progress, defect triage, collaborate with team to get defects resolved. Send daily testing status information and other relevant communication as part of business testing.
- On testing closure, get signoff from appropriate stakeholders
- Testing lessons learnt sessions, analyze defects and testing outcome to determine areas of improvements.
- Identify and recommend testing opportunity areas.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
You will be part of the Digital Assurance and Quality engineering organization for VMware IT. Integrated Business Testing portfolio is headed by Mohamed Riaz who has spent over 8+ years in Vmware managing Business Testing portfolio spanning across multiple business functions (SaaS, M&A, Marketing, Sales, Pricing, channels and partners, Order management, Customer Success, Finance, etc). Extensive experience and expertise in Implementing industry best practices on testing processes and methodologies. Industry recognized thought leader in the software quality/testing engineering space and have presented topics in industry testing forums.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Healthy and local inspired snacks in all our pantries
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Project Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-09-22
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.