The Head of Global Sales Operations plays a key role in accelerating Datadog’s revenue growth by leading a world class sales operations organization that consists of 5 separate groups: GTM Operations, Systems & Infrastructure, Deal Desk, Order Operations and Commissions. These teams provide the Sales organization with effective tools and processes that enable the sales team to effectively sell Datadog products. As a leader, you will closely work with the executive team and cross-functional teams to optimize all areas of Sales Operations. This role requires an organized, detail-oriented individual with excellent relationship building, verbal and written communication skills with a passion for overseeing initiatives through completion.
- Oversee all functions of a global Sales Operations team: GTM, Deal Desk, Order Operations, Commissions and Sales Systems
- Lead, recruit, and continuously scale a world class Sales Operations team; provide strategic leadership to Sales Operations leaders to set up vision, roadmap and execution plan
- Partner with Strategy and Sales Enablement teams to execute on quarterly GTM strategy and OKRs
- Partner with Sales Leadership and proactively drive analysis and change management to improve productivity & efficiency in the sales organization
- Partner with cross-functional teams to design and implement all operational processes that impact the productivity of the sales team and efficiency of the lead to quote to cash cycle
- Partner with sales leadership and strategy teams to deliver an effective territory design and equitable territories for all sellers
- Oversee and recommend updates to Global Rules of Engagement to ensure sales teams are effectively focused on their territories and book of accounts
- Partner closely with the Growth Strategy organization on Datadog’s annual capacity model and sales compensation plans
- Monitor metrics and proactively surface insights to the Revenue leadership team
- Highlight best performing segments, regions, and products and tie them to key rep productivity drivers behind over and underperformance
- Own the data – drive the processes and communications between all operational teams and the sales ops team to ensure data is always accurate and useful
- An experienced professional with 10+ years experience in sales operations or similar consultative leadership roles, preferably within a software company
- A leader who has managed Sales Operations functions, ideally in a fast-growing, high-transaction volume, large inside & enterprise sales organizations in technology industry
- Experienced in global B2B SaaS sales enablement process management, business analytics, technology and compensation management strategy
- An exceptional people leader who is able to develop and retain top industry talent to perform beyond expectations
- A strong leader with strategic, analytical capabilities with an intellectual curiosity to drive performance improvement and solve business challenges
- Able to implement change management to administer process improvements in large scale sales operations functions
- Able to influence senior leadership and provide strong cross-functional collaboration across the organization
- Highly organized, but entrepreneurial with a desire to act quickly
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Deeply experienced with ideal tech stacks for a fast pace sales organization in the technology industry
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Datadog is the monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. Our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.